Thursday, November 12, 2009

Isn't President Monson Great?


Nathaniel came across this story from the May 2005 Ensign. It was from
President Monson's talk given during the General Young Women Meeting.
It gave us a good laugh so I wanted to share:

"May I share with you an experience which took place several years ago
when Sister Monson had been hospitalized because of a fall. She asked me to go
to the supermarket and purchase a few items. This was something I had not done before.
I had a shopping list which included potatoes. I promptly found a grocery cart and placed
a number of potatoes in it. I knew nothing of the plastic bags in which purchases are
normally placed. As I moved the cart along, the potatoes fell out and onto the floor,
exiting through two rather small openings in the back of the cart. A dutiful clerk
hurried to my aid and called out, “Let me help you!” I tried to explain to her that my
cart was defective. It was only then that I was told that all the carts had those
two holes in the back and that they were meant for the legs of children.
Next the clerk took my list and helped me find each item..."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs