
The other night we were able to go see Forgotten Carols with my
brother and sister-in-law. I hadn't been for several years and it had changed a bit,
but I still enjoyed it. I just really love the songs (maybe except one :)). I appreciate
Michael McClean's ability to see the story of Christ's birth from another point of view,
create the character, write the lyrics, and write the music for it too.
I think the songs are very insightful as he writes from the point of view from
the Innkeeper, one of the shephards, Joseph, and others. Some may think it is silly
and I can't explain myself well, but you should listen to The Forgotten Carols this season.

3 comments:
I've always been a fan of the forgotten carols too. I love the perspective they have. The sons have really taught me some things about Jesus' birth and sure do make me ponder that night a lot more.
I must ask... is the song you don't like "I cry the day when I take the tree down"? That's the one I don't like. But, now Ryan and I laugh about it -- we were joking about visualizing someone who actually got that choked up about taking down Christmas decor and going up to them, gripping them by the shoulders and telling them to 'pull themselves together'. Not that crying's bad, mind. It was just funny. I like the other songs a lot.
Yes, that's the one.
Post a Comment