As of Tuesday, September 14th, Anika is 8 months old!
My goodness, she is getting so big!
Her first tooth is now officially in, and the second is close behind.
She started clapping. It is especially fun when I sing, "If you're happy and you know it..."
and she'll smile and clap her hands.
Although she's not crawling yet, she sure wants to and she thinks it is pretty great when we crawl around to show her how it's done. She is really close and can still move
around a fair bit without crawling. She loves to stand up (with help). I wasn't able to get
a good picture of her at a 30* angle to the floor. I'll go to put her down in a sitting position,
but she wants to stand so she'll stay straight as a board as long as she can.
Sometimes I'll be holding her there for several seconds before she finally sits.
Here is Anika spinning in a bowl with Grandma. Grandmas think of everything :)
She has so much personality and does a lot of funny things. In general she is much
happier now, and we love it. It such a nice change to have her smile, laugh, coo,
or whatever just because we look at her.
Anika is really good at playing the maracas; she should be a professional.
Watch out, Davy Jones!
I love to watch her examine things. She will sit for quite awhile just looking
at an object while she moves it around or shakes it. She'll also rotate around it
with her hands and look at all the different aspects or sides.
I'm not sure what she's doing. Maybe giving a kiss to her friend that she sees there every day?
My goodness, she is getting so big!
Her first tooth is now officially in, and the second is close behind.She started clapping. It is especially fun when I sing, "If you're happy and you know it..."
and she'll smile and clap her hands.
Although she's not crawling yet, she sure wants to and she thinks it is pretty great when we crawl around to show her how it's done. She is really close and can still movearound a fair bit without crawling. She loves to stand up (with help). I wasn't able to get
a good picture of her at a 30* angle to the floor. I'll go to put her down in a sitting position,
but she wants to stand so she'll stay straight as a board as long as she can.
Sometimes I'll be holding her there for several seconds before she finally sits.
Here is Anika spinning in a bowl with Grandma. Grandmas think of everything :)She has so much personality and does a lot of funny things. In general she is much
happier now, and we love it. It such a nice change to have her smile, laugh, coo,
or whatever just because we look at her.
Anika is really good at playing the maracas; she should be a professional.Watch out, Davy Jones!
I love to watch her examine things. She will sit for quite awhile just looking
at an object while she moves it around or shakes it. She'll also rotate around it
with her hands and look at all the different aspects or sides.
I'm not sure what she's doing. Maybe giving a kiss to her friend that she sees there every day?
6 comments:
I love it... She is so darn cute- I wish we lived closer. I was very impressed with her almost crawling pic. Watch out world here she comes.
Cute! Love the picture of her kissing the mirror!
What a doll!!!!
Wow, I hate when everyone says this, but it's so true...they grow up so fast! I love the pic of her in the mirror. Darling!
I can't believe how old she is! She is such a doll, and I'll bet you guys are just loving watching her personality develop. Babies are so cute!
I love the maracas! She is a doll. And the picture on the top of your blog is adorable! You have a sweet little family.
Post a Comment