Thursday, November 18, 2010

10 Months

Minutes after I told my grandma that Anika can't climb stairs yet, guess what she did!
She is also cruising around the furniture and a speedy little crawler.

She LOVES to get into EVERYTHING! She has enjoyed peek-a-boo for some
time now, but lately she will hold a cloth or jacket or whatever in
front of her face and put down... up... down... up...

Anika started this new growling thing. It is very funny. Sometimes it
sounds more like Donald Duck than growling though.

You can see her two bottom teeth. One top tooth is through, and another looks like it is
on the way. Yes she still has a binkie... Anyway, sometimes even when it is not in and she
is about to eat, she makes this cute swipe motion to take the binkie that is not there out.
You'd have to see it, but it is cute. She also like to try to put her binkie in our mouths too.

She also loves to stand and look out our bedroom window. She can barely see.
We like to gooutside and wait for Than to come home. She gets so excited and
makes this little squealsound while twirling her ankles and flapping her arms.
He wears safety/sunglasses while biking, and she likes to take them off,
play for a few seconds, and then try to put them back on him.

She gives slobbery kisses but won't wave. She got her first kiss from a boy at the movies;
how typical. We went to Toy Story 3 on Saturday and a little boy who was
also at the back of the theater with his mom was playing near Anika.
He leaned in while she started to giggle, and...

She has found the toilet paper. It is now sitting on the counter instead.

Another fun place to play - our closet!

It is getting cold, but we still usually go on walks. It is nice when Than can come along too.

Here she is helping me with pictures on the computer. I usually do anything
computer-related while she is asleep because she is so helpful :)

In the leaves, helping plant tulip bulbs.

Fleeing the scene of the crime. Clean socks into the dirty clothes. Dirty clothes onto the floor.

She was very content while we played choose-your-own-target frisbee golf.

In the closet again. You may think I am not watching her with all these pictures of messes.
But, I actually let her make them because it is something that will actually keep her
busy for awhile. She isn't a huge fan of actual toys...

Our Little Eater. She LOVES food. She loves to eat. She has had soooo many different kinds of food. Nathaniel calls her our Little Connoisseur.

Looking out the window again.

Busy, busy, busy!

9 comments:

Diana Smith said...

Lina, it seems like you just had her. She is a little person now, not just a little baby! I hope things are going well for you guys!

Jessica Madsen said...

Yes, a very busy girl. WOW! Her pictureu are so cute, and you are so good to keep them documented. 10 months is my favortie age-stage under 1 yr. I always want to freeze my babies in time when they reach 10 months. Glad to see you are enjoying her so!

Amber said...

So cute! I love all the pics! I wish Parker would eat like Anika. I'm very nervous for his 18 mo. appt b/c I don't think he's gained a single pound since his 12 mo. appt. Isn't it funny that kids like stuff other than toys to play with? Silly babes!

Sarah said...

She is getting so big and cuter by the day. I love your family pic at the top. She looks so much like Than. It looks like you've got your hands full, but a lot of fun as well. She's lucky to have you!

ba said...

she seems to be "Doing' a lot. And is sooo cute. I do love her two teeth. Can't wait to see you guys.

Anonymous said...

Oh she is such a doll! I think it's typical that most kids like things other than actual toys to play with. I can't believe how big and old she is getting! She looks like such a joy.

Audrey said...

I think active kids are the best kind. (We'll see if I still think that once Cooper is mobile.)

Melissa Hislop said...

Oh so precious. I love the computer binkie picture. 10 months is a good time. We STILL haven't met her. :( One of these days...

The Larchars said...

HAHAHAHA! So cute to see this! I totally know those stages... and it keeps on going for a long time! I love your commentary, the whole first kiss was cute! She is so adorable! I really really really LOVE your family picture at the top too!

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs