We had a birthday party for Anika on her birthday one week after Seth was born (I planned it quite awhile ago). I thought it would be good for her to be the center of attention, and it was.
Grandma: Anika, how old are you?
Anika: ... Prob'y (probably) two.
We just had grandparents over, and she loved it. Grandpa read her some books. Grandma and Dad played Ring Around the Rosies with her. The grandparents all got to hold Seth too, but she didn't seem to notice much.
Nathaniel put a pen through the middle of the crepe paper and let Anika hold it as it unrolled. She thought that was pretty great.
My friend made Anika an adorable lady bug cake. She loved it and also had fun blowing out the candles. I'm sure we sang "Happy Birthday" to her a couple dozen times throughout the day and a few more at her party. Anika would get a big grin on her face when we sang and would often join in.
We read a lady bug book and sang a lady bug song.
Anika got a super small set of legos for Christmas, but Than and I found a sweet deal for about 6x more for 2x the price on e-bay. You can also see her "Lily's Potty" book that we had to buy from the library because she was peeling off the back.
We had pizza, a super spinach salad (Anika just had toppings), and clementines.
Lately she has really enjoyed when we have a "picnic lunch" or "picnic dinner." Her birthday was the perfect time for another "picnic dinner."
She had fun with the red balloons. Than and his mom would blow one up, not tie it, and then let it go flying around the room. Once each adult blew up a balloon, and we all let them go at the same time. Her facial expression was priceless. I wasn't thinking, so I didn't really get a picture of it.
We did hang up some of the crepe paper. Today when I was finally starting to take it down Anika said, "Don't take the Christmas tree down. It makes me sad."

3 comments:
So darling. Glad she had a fun birthday!
Looks like a perfect day for a two year old. She sure seemed to have a great time. Oh, and you look way good!
Yes you do!
Post a Comment