Thursday, January 17, 2013

Animated Anika

(started this post a few months ago, so it isn't current)

For show-and-tell during preschool the other day, Anika chose a book to share.  When she came up to tell us about it, she told the other children, "Okay, sit down.  I'm the teacher."  Then she started reading the book to them.


One day I came out of Seth's room after putting him down for a nap.  Anika was at the top of the stairs holding her little toy chair.  I asked what she was doing and she told me she needed it to get a sucker.  When I went downstairs, I found this:

I love that the stool is on the chair... not.
And, yes, she was preparing to add her other little chair to her climbing structure.

We have been so glad to have some nice days lately.  We were out in our
backyard the other day and Anika wanted to play "Sacrament meeting."  I encouraged her to play nursery instead, but she insisted.  She moved our storage seat over to be the podium and found a shovel for the microphone.

She began, "Today we are going to have sacrament meeting and then nursery.
Now we are going to have a prayer."  She couldn't figure out how to hold the microphone and fold her arms.  This is what she came up with:

No comments:

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs