.jpg)
I thought I would post this in honor of the last of our cherry tomatoes that
I threw out today... As the season came to an end, we covered them for
a few nights and then finally picked a bunch of red, orange and green
ones to bring inside before the first hard frost. It was sad to see
how many green ones and even blossoms that we still had left.
We tried to keep up with eating them (they tasted great) and use them,
but we could hardly even keep up with picking them.
We gave upwards of 30lbs away to family and friends!
.jpg)
This summer we had about 9 volunteer cherry tomato plants
(not all are pictured here) after we pulled out several other plants.
Some of the plants are further to the left that decided to grow in
places such as the middle of our onion patch and the crack in the ground
between the railroad tie around our garden and the cement.We let the 9
grow because they were spaced enough we hoped we could actually pick
from them. Even after the initial thinning we had 3-6 more sprout up and
start producing. They came up from tomatoes that had fallen on the
ground last year. We actually planted 6-8 other plants of various types of
tomatoes (not cherries) and ended up with only one sort of late and dwarfed
plant of orange tomatoes that we wished we could have enjoyed more.

4 comments:
We sure loved those tomatoes! I love the blog changes too, good job! And we miss you...
Hi guys!
I don't know if you check comments, but I added you to my bloglist!
-- Ethan
You guys were much more... prudent... with your garden usage than us. Serena and I just called it a learning experience and threw away buckets of produce. Next year- WAY fewer Cherry Tomatoes. I'm all about the big beefy tomatoes now. Also, that darn corn! Anyways, good luck next year. P.S. I would say your site is cute, but I'm on a computer that won't let me see the background... I'll tell ya it's good looking later when I see it :D
We didn't get to enjoy the full bounty of our garden. We had peppers, squash, zuchinni, tomatoes, corn and cucumbers. Then We moved to Nebraska doing the harvest months. We got to enjoy a few corn and cucumbers. The tomatoes took forever to grow because we had to fight with the birds who kept eating the buds and leaves. So in short we are jealous.
Post a Comment