Here are some funny stories about birthdays and kids I've worked with.
I think it was while I was doing my preschool practicum that this happened.
It was a little boy's birthday and the teacher asked, "Whose birthday is it today?"
No one responded so she rephrased the question. This time 3-4 little boys
raised their hands and one said, "I have a birthday."
A few weeks ago one of the boys in my class had his birthday.
While we waited for the other kids to get off the bus and line up I was asking
him if he had had a special breakfast or received any presents for his birthday
(he is in my PM class) . The little guy behind him got excited and while holding
up two fingers he said, "My birthday is in two minutes!" I sort of chuckled
and said, "Really?" He thought hard for a moment and decided,
"No, my birthday is in A LOT (great emphasis) of minutes."
Last week we celebrated another birthday. Before large group I asked
who was having a birthday. Same phenomenon as before, no one responded.
I asked the question in other ways and gave several hints (it's a boy, he's
turning 4, etc.). A few volunteered for it to be their birthday but in the end
I had to call him to come up so I could give him a crown and have us sing to him.
I guess he may have been confused because his birthday was actually two
days later on Thanksgiving when we don't have school.
I wish I could put pictures of them on my blog but it's confidential.

No comments:
Post a Comment