Let me preface this by saying that I am not making fun. It's just that
every once in a while, Lina says things that are so funny they have to be
shared. Here are a few of my favorites from the last couple of months:

We were playing a board game called "Ticket to Ride" with some friends
a few weeks ago. In the game, you have to construct train routes to
get you from one city to another. As our friend explained the rules, he
pointed out a few special places on the board and said that you need a
ferry to build your track there. Lina didn't notice that each of these
special places was a track that needed to cross over a body of water. So
about ten minutes later, in a quiet moment in the game, Lina suddenly
said, "Oh, like a ferry that goes on the water!" She had been wondering
and wondering what fairies had to do with trains.
Lina was giving a talk in sacrament and encouraging the sisters to
participate in relief society. She was saying something about how we're all in
the same wonderful stage of life together - "We're all newly married, just
figuring out how to be married and go to school, how to manage our money,
how to manage our time, how to have kids..." Then she stopped, laughed a
little, looked a bit embarrassed, and went on with her talk.
Lina's parents have a dog named Meg who likes to perch on the back of
their sofa. We were visiting a few months ago, and Lina's nephew had
climbed up on Meg's spot and was relaxing there. Someone commented
that he had taken a leaf out of Meg's book. Lina came into the conversation
just then and said, "Meg has a book? What?"
We said, "No, he's taking a leaf out of Meg's book."
Lina said, "Meg has a book with leaves in it?"
Lina and I were both at a ward council meeting with all of the ward
leadership as well as the stake presidency after our last ward conference
(I'm a ward finance clerk, and Lina is the R.S. president). At the conclusion
of the meeting the stake president called on "President Hardman" to say
the closing prayer. Lina looked at me with a confused look on her face,
thought, "He's not a president." Then she looked over at the person on her
other side, who was not a Hardman at all, and she looked even more
confused. Then she said, "Oh, Me!" and started laughing.
She's a cutie.
every once in a while, Lina says things that are so funny they have to be
shared. Here are a few of my favorites from the last couple of months:

We were playing a board game called "Ticket to Ride" with some friends
a few weeks ago. In the game, you have to construct train routes to
get you from one city to another. As our friend explained the rules, he
pointed out a few special places on the board and said that you need a
ferry to build your track there. Lina didn't notice that each of these
special places was a track that needed to cross over a body of water. So
about ten minutes later, in a quiet moment in the game, Lina suddenly
said, "Oh, like a ferry that goes on the water!" She had been wondering
and wondering what fairies had to do with trains.
Lina was giving a talk in sacrament and encouraging the sisters to
participate in relief society. She was saying something about how we're all in
the same wonderful stage of life together - "We're all newly married, just
figuring out how to be married and go to school, how to manage our money,
how to manage our time, how to have kids..." Then she stopped, laughed a
little, looked a bit embarrassed, and went on with her talk.
Lina's parents have a dog named Meg who likes to perch on the back of
their sofa. We were visiting a few months ago, and Lina's nephew had
climbed up on Meg's spot and was relaxing there. Someone commented
that he had taken a leaf out of Meg's book. Lina came into the conversation
just then and said, "Meg has a book? What?"
We said, "No, he's taking a leaf out of Meg's book."
Lina said, "Meg has a book with leaves in it?"
Lina and I were both at a ward council meeting with all of the ward
leadership as well as the stake presidency after our last ward conference
(I'm a ward finance clerk, and Lina is the R.S. president). At the conclusion
of the meeting the stake president called on "President Hardman" to say
the closing prayer. Lina looked at me with a confused look on her face,
thought, "He's not a president." Then she looked over at the person on her
other side, who was not a Hardman at all, and she looked even more
confused. Then she said, "Oh, Me!" and started laughing.
She's a cutie.

7 comments:
Hey Lina,
I'm going to California b/c Kyle's parents live there, so we want to visit them while I'm pregnant so they can see me before the baby arrives. Marcie & Travis Baker are coming with us & we are going to spend a few days in San Francisco & tour the town. Last time I was there I didn't get to do much, so I am way excited to go this time! It will be a fun Spring Break! Do you guys have plans for the break? Do you teach during that time or do you have it off too?
Yayyyyyy! I am so glad you clued me in on your blog!!! It is way cute. And I laughed and laughed at those cute postings. Lina, I feel for you- I think very similarly in situations like that and have always gotten so flustered with myself. Luckily your husband just loves you more for all the smiles you can give him with these thoughts and actions. I hope that my moments make someone else's day too!
You are fabulous, and yes, I agree we should hang out more! I've been working 60 hours per week, but I just got called in today and they can't afford to pay me more overtime, so hopefully I can call you more!!!
I am just so glad I'm not the only one that makes comments like that! Haha I really feel like I am a lot like you Lina :) (by the way I am VERY excited for spring as well)
The other day at a family party my 15 year old brother was bragging about how he was so popular. We was kind of irritating me so I said, "Well aren't you the socialist of the year!" Everyone got a good laugh out of that one. Things like that just make life more fun :)
That's AWESOME!!!
I don't see you guys enough ;(
-- Ethan
Hi Lina!
I am so glad I found your blog... you guys are so fun!
That is so You Lina!! That talk in Sacrament meeting must have been quite interesting! Good job LMA-H!
Post a Comment