Saturday, March 21, 2009

Playing in the Sandbox

Two weeks ago the Sanders came up to Logan to play. We had a great time
and were really happy to see them! We went to the lunch buffet at the Indian Oven and
took a little walk around Logan. I LOVE Logan and will miss it sooo much if we move!
We walked by the Tabernacle and the old Roller Skating rink.
It was a pretty day but a little chilly.
Dave &Nathaniel playing
Comet Busters

Downtown Logan...

Yummy!
Kris and Dave

Sidenote: The yellow house is Citrus & Sage.
It is a cafe/novelty shop. Nathaniel and I
went there on our 2nd date for a poetry reading.
We were going to ride our bikes because I had just
gotten the boot off from my surgery, but we ended
up driving because he sprained both of his ankles
that morning. That was the first time we held hands.
Then a year ago at C&S he read the poems that he
entered in USU's Scribendi writing contest after he won 3rd place.

We also played Ticket to Ride and made sure to watch a Monkees episode,
an old Sanders-Hardman tradition. We skipped dinner because we were so full
and topped the night off with a USU Basketball game! We won of course
(just like we should have yesterday in Boise). The Hammonds sat with us.
I am glad they came to the game. They had never been and I highly
recommended it to them so I hope they had a good time.



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. It's good to do some fun things other than school and work while in Logan. That little cafe sounds like fun. We'll have to test it out.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that last week sounded so crazy! I'm glad that you both seemed to conquer it though! And, is the old Roller Rink still open? I have some fun memories there, that's cool that you walked by. And, it looks like you guys had just a fun time. Oh and by the way, I love your new red shirt :)

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs