Every year at the end of spring semester, USU has "A-Day."
Basically it is a celebration of Aggie Pride. There are a lot of fun activities,
True Aggie night, a dance, Robins Awards (awards for professors, student, organizations, etc.),
and a big event on The Quad. There are dozens of tables or booths set up by
university organizations, programs and clubs, community organizations,
restaurants, stores, live bands playing, and even giant inflatable toys to play on.
In years past, I spent the day out on The Quad a couple times trying to recruit
people to volunteer for STICKS and/or the Service Center.
Yesterday Nathaniel told me that it was going on and asked if I was interested.
Even though I've graduated I totally wanted to go. Most booths have a sort of game
you have to play to win something free. Some booths give things out for free and
others may charge, but we were very lucky and successful.
-Nathaniel won a $5 gift card to Macey's from a football throw.
-We both won a coupon for a free slice of bread at Hazel's with the frisbee toss.
-I got a free coupon for ice cream at 10th Street Grill even though I missed the shot.
-I won a USU water bottle after playing Plinko.
-We each got a free banana from the Wellness Center.
-We each got a free Moose Bar from Macey's.
-We each got free fruit from Lee's.
-Nathaniel won a protein bar and I won a banana after answering
a health question and spinning their wheel.
The fun doesn't end there!
Nathaniel got a "Class of 2009" sticker from ASUSU.
We ate a wonderful and free catered dinner at the
Department of Math & Statistics Awards Ceremony. There, Nathaniel was given the
"Outstanding Undergraduate Actuarial Science Award;" complete with a gift card to Borders
Then we used our student ID cards (I have a spouse card) to get into
"The Madwoman of Chaillot" for free!
And today we got free lunch from our ward after going to the Temple this morning!
Not only was it fun to get all that free stuff, but every little bit helped because
we're trying to stick to a VERY tight budget to sacrifice for our trip.
I LOVE USU!
Basically it is a celebration of Aggie Pride. There are a lot of fun activities,
True Aggie night, a dance, Robins Awards (awards for professors, student, organizations, etc.),
and a big event on The Quad. There are dozens of tables or booths set up by
university organizations, programs and clubs, community organizations,
restaurants, stores, live bands playing, and even giant inflatable toys to play on.
In years past, I spent the day out on The Quad a couple times trying to recruit
people to volunteer for STICKS and/or the Service Center.
Yesterday Nathaniel told me that it was going on and asked if I was interested.Even though I've graduated I totally wanted to go. Most booths have a sort of game
you have to play to win something free. Some booths give things out for free and
others may charge, but we were very lucky and successful.
-Nathaniel won a $5 gift card to Macey's from a football throw.
-We both won a coupon for a free slice of bread at Hazel's with the frisbee toss.
-I got a free coupon for ice cream at 10th Street Grill even though I missed the shot.
-I won a USU water bottle after playing Plinko.
-We each got a free banana from the Wellness Center.
-We each got a free Moose Bar from Macey's.
-We each got free fruit from Lee's.
-Nathaniel won a protein bar and I won a banana after answering
a health question and spinning their wheel.
The fun doesn't end there!Nathaniel got a "Class of 2009" sticker from ASUSU.
We ate a wonderful and free catered dinner at the
Department of Math & Statistics Awards Ceremony. There, Nathaniel was given the
"Outstanding Undergraduate Actuarial Science Award;" complete with a gift card to Borders
Then we used our student ID cards (I have a spouse card) to get into
"The Madwoman of Chaillot" for free!
And today we got free lunch from our ward after going to the Temple this morning!
Not only was it fun to get all that free stuff, but every little bit helped becausewe're trying to stick to a VERY tight budget to sacrifice for our trip.
I LOVE USU!

4 comments:
Send some of that free stuff this way. We haven't eaten in weeks trying to save. Imagine how grumpy we are:)
looks like you totally scored at the A day celebration. I used to love running through the inflatable obstical courses with my coworkers when i worked on campus. I never came home with as much stuff as you guys did though. way to go!
Holy cow, I didn't know it was possible to win that much free stuff! I wish I had realized A-Day was going on, I totally would have been there. But that is fantastic for you guys, you totally deserve it. Oh, and I'm glad the temple breakfast was well, we went the night before, so we didn't go that morning. I feel good we at least went! Congrats though, that's got to be a record!
Congrats that's exciting that you won some prizes. Congrats to Nathaniel for his certificate! That's awesome!
Post a Comment