My family makes roughly 150 dozen cookies each Christmas.
There are 8 different kinds that we make, but the sugar cookies
and Mexican Wedding cookies aren't really Norwegian. :)
Making Sankaker: You press the batter into the little tin molds
in just the right way. I think Than is having the most fun in this picture.
The finished Sankaker
Krumkaker
Than is very carefully putting them away now. They break really easily
- krumkaker means "crumb cookie." The batter is cooked in a
Krumkaker Baker (flat iron) and rolled into a cone shape while hot.
Marzipan
We roll the marzipan into little balls and then dip them in
almond bark/white chocolate to prevent it from drying out.
The recipe is basically half powdered sugar and half finely ground
almonds with something to get it to stick together.
We blanch, grind and sift our own almonds.
Having fun making cookies... and eating the batter too, of course.
This is a picture of my sister with sugar cookies from last year...
There are 8 different kinds that we make, but the sugar cookies
and Mexican Wedding cookies aren't really Norwegian. :)
Making Sankaker: You press the batter into the little tin moldsin just the right way. I think Than is having the most fun in this picture.
The finished Sankaker
KrumkakerThan is very carefully putting them away now. They break really easily
- krumkaker means "crumb cookie." The batter is cooked in a
Krumkaker Baker (flat iron) and rolled into a cone shape while hot.
MarzipanWe roll the marzipan into little balls and then dip them in
almond bark/white chocolate to prevent it from drying out.
The recipe is basically half powdered sugar and half finely ground
almonds with something to get it to stick together.
We blanch, grind and sift our own almonds.
Having fun making cookies... and eating the batter too, of course.
This is a picture of my sister with sugar cookies from last year...
4 comments:
Wow! That is impressive- and what a fun tradition!!! I've never seen that many cookies made at once ever. VERY cool!
Sounds like so much fun! I spent today making sugar cookies with my mother-in-law, we only made probably 4 dozen but we were exhausted. I can't imagine how tiring making this many cookies would be, but looks yummy! I hope your pregnancy is going great, I love to read about it and the choices you are making. You are so brave to try natural birth! You go girl!
Holy Moly! That is a lot of cookies.
Yay for Norwegian Cookies. Honestly I don't really like them (the taste reminds me of almond lotion), but Brandon loves them. Good to see that your Krumkaker looks like his family's. I guess they didn't make it up after all.
Post a Comment