Her 4:30 feeding went pretty well. The 7:30 wasn't so great.
But, the worst part of it all is that her nurse for the day is the nurse I went
and requested to NOT have. It takes a special person for me to have gone
that far, and I am not happy about her being assigned to Anika again.
I blame the bad 7:30 feeding on her. Real mature, I know.
I have two more to go with her there. I hope I can make it.
Sorry to be rude and negative...
But, the worst part of it all is that her nurse for the day is the nurse I went
and requested to NOT have. It takes a special person for me to have gone
that far, and I am not happy about her being assigned to Anika again.
I blame the bad 7:30 feeding on her. Real mature, I know.
I have two more to go with her there. I hope I can make it.
Sorry to be rude and negative...

10 comments:
it is your right and responsibility to protect your baby! if you don't want a nurse around your baby, she better not be. i don't think that's negative at all. you know what's best for your baby.
i must say I'm a bit mad at the doctors who got you into this whole fiasco. they tried to do it to me too. when i was 32 weeks they wanted to take my baby. then at 34 weeks they wanted to take my baby because of preeclampsia. i refused. i told them i wanted my baby to breastfeed right when he came out. none of that tube feeding and pumping. the doctor assured me that my baby would survive. survive? that's not what i was going for. i wanted a baby big and strong enough to eat. so the doc fired me. i had to find a new doctor who would let my baby stay in 37 weeks.
i really feel bad that you have to deal with all this. i'm glad you are being brave and making your requests. be it about nurses or feedings or whatever. if you don't want the tube in her nose then you can refuse it. you are the one in charge of your baby not the nurses or doctors.
Isn't that typical?! Kind of sounds like how I had my birth plan with me at the hospital & gave it to my nurse & she was supposed to pass it around to the other nurses etc. Well, some things happened that I didn't want to happen. LAME!!!
If I were you I would have talked to someone while I was there & explained the situation. And you are totally right to blame that lady on the feeding. Obviously she's done some things that you don't approve of & it's probably b/c she's not a good nurse.
I don't think you were being negative at all, you are just being honest! Sorry you have to deal with a nurse you have requested not to have- I would definitely talk to someone when you go up, maybe they can change some things around. What a frustrating ordeal! Sending healing vibes your way- I hope you can take Anika home soon :)
Steph Wheeler
That's so not cool they gave you that nurse. I would say something again. I believe that if you are paying the hospital for their services, you should have a say (to an extent of course). Good luck!
I am sorry you are so sad! Is it mostly just because you don't like having her in the hospital? I wish I could help to cheer you up!!! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you! It was great to see you recently!
I am a mother bear when it comes to the care of my babies....it is your right to choose who you want to care for your little Anika! I really jope that your little angel start to eat better and I hope that she gets to come home soon. Thinking of you.
I'm sorry. I hope things get better for you!!
Hi Lina! Hang in there and keep trying. And it's OK to request that a certain nurse NOT take care of your baby. I'd talk to the charge/head nurse again. Knowing you and your personality, it was really hard to do that in the first place...
Good luck with the feedings. Hope little Anika gets to go home soon.
Oh Lina,
That isn't cool. You are right. What a whole ordeal for you-and this really adds to everything. Personally I think you have every reason to be upset and frustrated-especially if you had already requested that you didn't want her. I have been thinking, and I think along with everyone else that has commented, that you have the right to speak your mind-especially if there were already concerns with this nurse since Anika is in your best interest. I would even have Nate there with you if they aren't listening for him to back you up. Know you are in our prayers and we are cheering Anika on. Do tell if there is something I can do to help the situation!
Goodness Anika is adorable! She looks just like a Hardman. I am so sorry you guys are having to live under two seperate roofs for the time. I cannot imagine how difficult that is. And I think Anika is so lucky to have you for her mother, fighting for a good nurse and all.
Sounds like you're just being a good mom. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment