Isn't she adorable? Although the picture just doesn't do her justice.She loves her hands up by her face when she sleeps, just like her mom.
Anika is over 6lbs now! She has gained about 1lb since birth.
Today she took her whole bottle 3 out of the first 4 feedings, and all but 11 ml the other time.
Nathaniel is there right now for her 4:30 am feeding so I hope it goes well.
I felt really quite happy for most of the day (afternoon and evening).
It helped that I could laugh about Nathaniel's episode last night (see post below).
I went to Kohl's and enjoyed window shopping (which is a good sign), and bought
Anika some journal/photo albums in hopes that it might encourage me to keep up on
things for her. I know, most parents start with good intentions... I'm planning to
keep it simple so that maybe I'll keep it up.
I picked Nathaniel up from work and we decided to go to the Temple
and do initiatory work. I did names for one of the workers and she told me that one
of the sisters I was doing the work for was the last one in her family to get her work done.
The Temple is always nice and the right place to be.
We got pizza for dinner on our way from the Temple to the hospital with
a gift card I had gotten for my birthday. Bonus!
Anika was wide awake and cute as ever when we got to the hospital.
At this feeding she actually took and extra 25% because now she can
bottle feed "ad lib" or something. Good girl!
Here is a picture of our potato bug we mentioned earlier. It is hard to tell whatposition she is in, but she just folded over and curled up like a potato bug.
A good day.

2 comments:
I'm glad you've had some kind of relaxing & motivating time for yourself. Sounds like it was a good day!
I'm glad things were good. Hope you have more days like that.
Post a Comment