Monday, March 22, 2010

26

Friday was Than's 26th birthday. I was able to surprise him by inviting his
3 best high school friends over for the evening. I really didn't think it
was going to work out, but I was glad it did.

We had crepes for dinner and then played Bang!


Nathaniel has been wanting to do an egg drop contest ever since
he was a little boy. Here he is with Bryce and Kris
(Dustin had to leave) packaging their eggs.


Nathaniel's finished product. The bags are supposed to be parachutes
(they actually worked), and inside he has his egg sort of suspended by
6 rubber bands; one connected to each side of the box.
His was the only one that survived.


The overpass/bridge where they dropped the eggs.

Happy Birthday!


3 comments:

Meredith said...

I did that once for Colby's birthday, invited his two best friends over. He really enjoyed it. So thoughtful of you to do that for your hubby! And I love the egg drop idea- so funny.

Stephanie said...

How fun! I'm glad he was able to finally do an egg drop contest. :) And Happy Birthday Nathaniel. :)

Anonymous said...

I think my egg thing was pretty good for the record. I think if we had only dropped them once it would have worked. See, we engineers only design for minimum requirements so that we don't waste resources. Do you know the cost of a rubber band relative to newspaper? Outrageous! Anyways, I was designing mine for the minimum requirements for exactly one free fall drop from a one story building onto asphalt. Instead we did two free fall drops from roughly two stories and then one toss from the same height.

This is a classic case of people trying to push the limits of engineering design.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs