6 weeks is the typical time that babies reach the developmental milestone of social smiles.
Because Anika is premature, we'll have to wait a few extra weeks and go by her "corrected" or
"adjusted" age (age based on due date not birthday) for most milestones; at least for a year or two.
Even before Anika was 6 weeks, I was excited for her to smile. I was a little bit sad as her
6 week mark came and went. An extra few weeks can be a long time. However, yesterday
(8 weeks) I finally felt like she smiled at me a few times in response to me!
She seemed to have a few questionable smiles before then, but now I think she's
really starting to do it. I am just so excited I had to share!
By the way, we've used cloth diapers about 30 times. We only have about 110 more
times until we pay off what we've spent so far. (We've use the bigger ones quite a bit not
as cloth diapers.) I don't love it or hate it. I do feel like there is a way to cloth diaper that I
would love but I just haven't quite found it yet. I'm getting warmer though; just so many choices.


6 comments:
What are you using for cloth diapering? I've been looking into it.
That is always the best feeling when you get those first smiles! It's like she's telling you "I'm happy mom, thanks for everything you do for me." I'm so glad you shared that milestone. Keep enjoying!!
so i'm curious why the cloth diaper craze in utah. cheaper? greener? or do people feel like they are better moms since they do more work?
conveniences for women were invented for a reason. why not just get rid of the washer and dryer and run down to the stream with a washboard?
i guess having one baby it's not that big of deal. i can't imagine it working when you have five or ten...
It is just SO much fun and melts your heart when they start smiling!! And the great part is once they start smiling it only get better from there!
I'm jealous! I want Owen to smile SOOOO badly!
Yay! I love it when they smile!
Post a Comment