Monday, August 2, 2010

6 Months

I'm a couple weeks late on this post...

I made this dress for her. I sort of started it quite awhile back,
but then finally finished it in time for my sister's wedding.


She can sit all by herself now.
We've started her on solids.


She is finally pushing up on her arms while lying on her stomach.
She will then scoot herself backwards by pushing away using her arms. I guess I used
to do that, and would get stuck under the couch and cry, get pulled out, and do it again.



Every time they see her, our neighbors from Peru say, "Ohhh, que liindaaa,
que hermoosaaaa!" "Ohh, que preciosaaa!", and something about "Mucha leche"
as they squeeze her fat little legs. It's fun, so I say it now too.


Anika is getting so big! At her last appointment,
she weighed almost 16 lbs and was 26 1/4 inches.
That's an addition of over 10 lbs (5 lbs 3 oz) and
nearly 10 inches (17") from her preemie days.


(My old roommate reminded me that she's not machine washable.)

She gets a big smile on her face every time we start singing "Popcorn Popping,"
even before we do the actions. She also loves "If You're Happy and You Know It."
Another favorite is "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes." It is really funny
to watch her (I'll touch her head, shoulders, etc.) while I sing
it because she will get a funny squinty-eyed smile on her face
in anticipation of me touching her eyes.


She LOVES to play in the sheets. I'll put her on our bed under the sheet
and then lift it and lower it while she squeals and squirms and reaches for it.


"What a hard day."

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun and exciting. Yellow Looks good on her. I agree that we should be friends. We're in the state this week for my sis's wedding, we'll have to see if we get any spare moments.

Melissa Hislop said...

6 months already, she's getting chunky. Must be the "mucho leche" :) I love love love that picture with her bundled in the towel. And what good sewing skills. I have yet to make a *cute* dress for Lu.

Homeschool Mamma said...

So cute! That is some impressive growth in 6 months. Way to go Anika! :)

em said...

I love the picture from above with her looking up at you. too cute!!

jenny mcfarland said...

Wow she's getting big, so adorable!

Jenny Axford Cook said...

What a doll! You did such a good job on that dress!!! That is so fun that she is learning so much and growing up so fast! I love little ones!!!!

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs