Here she is at 9 months! Go, go, go!

The other day Nathaniel's friend, Bryce, was coming over for dinner and we were trying
to get things ready. I watched as Anika crawled over to the peaches, and I let her because she
was in an I-don't-want-anything-to-do-with-whatever-you're-trying-to-entertain-me-with moment.
I saw her tip over the box. She quietly looked at the peaches and then examined one
as she held it in her hand. Before we knew it, she took a big bite. No surprise.

I decided to let her eat it herself. I finally got a bib on her, but I'm not
sure it mattered much. It kept her busy for quite awhile.

In this picture, you can see tomato on her shirt. We had just walked over to our
"garden" at Nathaniel's parents' house and were able to pick two whole cherry tomatoes.
Needless to say, only one made it home alive. Somehow she got one out of the
cup holder even though she was buckled in her stroller. We didn't even
notice until we saw part of the tomato poking out of her mouth.

This is her new way of putting her binkie in her mouth; just shove the whole thing in!
Usually you can't even see that much of it. We wonder if she does it because she's teething.

One of the times she was fussing and I couldn't figure out any good reason why,
I put her in the hamper with a squash. She stopped.

"Helping" Daddy fix his bike.

3 Things Anika enjoys:
1) Crawling

2) Standing, pulling herself up

and
3) grabbing!

I should add EATING as #4! She loves to eat! I'll have to take a picture of
her doing that. She loves everything we give her (which has been a pretty big variety),
and is beginning to be a little beggar anytime she sees us eating or with food.

The other day Nathaniel's friend, Bryce, was coming over for dinner and we were trying
to get things ready. I watched as Anika crawled over to the peaches, and I let her because she
was in an I-don't-want-anything-to-do-with-whatever-you're-trying-to-entertain-me-with moment.
I saw her tip over the box. She quietly looked at the peaches and then examined one
as she held it in her hand. Before we knew it, she took a big bite. No surprise.

I decided to let her eat it herself. I finally got a bib on her, but I'm not
sure it mattered much. It kept her busy for quite awhile.

In this picture, you can see tomato on her shirt. We had just walked over to our
"garden" at Nathaniel's parents' house and were able to pick two whole cherry tomatoes.
Needless to say, only one made it home alive. Somehow she got one out of the
cup holder even though she was buckled in her stroller. We didn't even
notice until we saw part of the tomato poking out of her mouth.

This is her new way of putting her binkie in her mouth; just shove the whole thing in!
Usually you can't even see that much of it. We wonder if she does it because she's teething.

One of the times she was fussing and I couldn't figure out any good reason why,
I put her in the hamper with a squash. She stopped.

"Helping" Daddy fix his bike.

3 Things Anika enjoys:
1) Crawling

2) Standing, pulling herself up

and
3) grabbing!

I should add EATING as #4! She loves to eat! I'll have to take a picture of
her doing that. She loves everything we give her (which has been a pretty big variety),
and is beginning to be a little beggar anytime she sees us eating or with food.

6 comments:
Anika is so cute! They just get so fun the more they learn how to do and jabber, not that they weren't fun before. Sorry to hear your Grandpa passed away for your sake, but happy that he and your grandma can be together again for their sake. I'm sure separation from a spouse you've shared your whole life with would/will be one of the most difficult trials of earth life. Isn't it wonderful to know that families can be together forever?
She is so adorable! I can't believe how fast they grow up!
WOW! 9 months already? Crazy. She is darling, Lina!
No, I can't believe she's 9 months! Go, go, go! :)
She is darling! I love the laundry basket and squash idea...i'll have to try that! :)
She is SUPER cute!!! This was a fun post to see how she is progressing. That eating the binky pic is HILARIOUS! SO glad I got to see you recently. :-)
Post a Comment