We have 1:00 church this year. It is not a good time to have with a one-year-old (or a 2, 3
and maybe even some 4 or 5-year-olds from what I can tell). It is perfectly during her second
nap. Later in the year when she goes down to one nap, it will be perfectly during her only nap.
Any suggestions???
Part of the problem is that Anika doesn't just go until she crashes, she just gets really mad.
Plus she won't fall asleep in our arms or on our shoulder (she hardly even likes to sit
on our lap unless we are feeding her or reading to her). When her naps are off, she is sooo
cranky and doesn't sleep well at night, among other things. It is really just a vicious cycle.
One month down, eleven to go :)

6 comments:
Welcome to our world. I end up coming (or staying) home with Liam each Sunday because Shauna has to be in Primary. He can't make it past 3PM at the latest. Unfortunately, you'll probably end up trading turns as to who either stays home or goes home early.
I feel your pain. We have 9 oclock church and thats olivias naptime so we just have to suffer through it. I hope it gets better for you!!
Well, hopefully you don't have sacrament last like we do. I decided any age from 12-18 months sucks b/c until your child hit's nursery it is just so hard. Parker is in nursery now, but playing for two hours & having to sit still for the last hour of sacrament is indeed a challenge. I've started bringing a little backpack, one his size, & I fill it with toys, books, crayons & paper. He is interested for maybe 15 minutes, but it's starting to help. Also snacks have been helping. I really don't know what else to suggest. We have a very tough 20 month old on our hands. Good Luck to you!
We just switched from 1:00 church and it was already getting bad. One of us always ended up in the hall coaxing Cooper to sleep. Even then his naps were always a portion of what they should have been. Sometimes I made him take a nap when we got home even though it was kind of late for a nap. It helped a little bit.
We had 12:30 church with Amy when she turned a year old. Usually, she would be okay for one day of the week with it, as long as she had good naps during the rest of the week. When she went to one nap we mainly just tried to get her up a touch earlier and put her down for a nap around 10:00 and have all her clothes ready to go/diaper bag etc, so we could just run out the door. And SNACKS ... lots of interesting snacks she didn't usually get during the week (like grapes or olives). Best of luck -- we managed though and she now loves the 9:00 schedule and we just put her down for her nap when we get home.
I'm in the same boat. We are moving to a 1:00 church that is backwards so Sacrament is last and it is right in Hadlee's only nap...so not only do we have to keep her entertained during nap time-- we have to keep her quiet the last hour during nap time. The only thing I can think of is try and have a nap right before church even if it means the morning nap gets pushed a little bit...who knows!
Post a Comment