Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cabbage Crunch Salad

I've made this salad a lot in the past several months. People like it.

1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use a little less)
1/4 cup sugar
3 T. vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 flavor packet from ramen noodles
1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
4 green onions, chopped (I usually leave these out)
2 T. sesame seeds, toasted (I have only put these in 2x, never toasted, and definitely less than 2 T.)
1 package ramen noodles, broken and uncooked
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted (I usually use less and forgot to toast them this last time)
Red seedless grapes as desired (I cut them in half)

In a blender or food processor combine vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, salt, and flavoring from ramen noodles. (Sometimes I just put them in a jar that fits on the blender to blend it. Then it is easy to travel with and re-shake before adding. Sometimes I don't even blend it; just shake.) Pour over shredded cabbage. Add green onions and sesame seeds. Toss together. Just before serving, add ramen noodles, almonds, and red grapes. Makes 6 servings.

I use less than what is called for or leave things out just to make it cost less. That is the way people ate it when they requested the recipe.

The recipe come from The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lina! This is funny. I bought some cabbage yesterday for a meal I was making. I had a bunch left over and thought, what will I do with this!? I never buy cabbage. And here is my answer. Thanks! Looks yummy.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs