There is always just so much going on with Anika...
We let her try to feed herself a time or two, and now I can hardly slip a bite in her mouth before she realizes that SHE wants to do it herself. There is no room for negotiating with this little girl. It isn't always convenient, and she isn't very good at it, but I guess that's why she needs to practice .
She is getting two more teeth in on the bottom (#7 & 8). She tries to put her shoes on by herself.
She won't let me put headbands, bows or clips in her hair. I can occasionally sneak the little ribbon bows on
from behind and then play a game where I pat her all over, including where the bow is to help it stay on.
from behind and then play a game where I pat her all over, including where the bow is to help it stay on.
After her bath once her pajamas are on, Anika will take my hand and lead me into her bedroom. I love it! Often when Anika wakes up (usually from a nap) I hear one little noise from her. I am not sure if she is
still awake or if she fell back to sleep. But then I hear the sound of her binkies hitting the monitor
(we slide it out from under her bed). When I go in, I usually find her standing in the crib, but her blanket, teddy bear, binkies, and sometimes even her socks are on the floor.
Anika is FINALLY starting to wave bye-bye regularly. She also can FINALLY sign "more."
Although she does it by clapping, and it usually means something more like, "I want that!"
She is doing pretty well with turning around at the top of the stairs to scoot down backwards.
She absolutely LOVES being outside. She always seems to think it is time to go outside.
When she is outside, she often runs away from our house and our car because
she just wants to go where she pleases.
Anika puts things in her mouth like this ALL the time. Then she just goes on about her business.
She doesn't like us to read to her as much anymore (hopefully it's just a phase). Sometimes she
will sit on the floor with a book and "read" it out loud while she turns the pages. So adorable!
Here is one of our latest baby-proofing attempts. It has worked really well, except that
Nathaniel has wanted one of the belts he donated to the project...

5 comments:
Oh the bookshelves, such a temptation, LOL! We've had to be pretty creative with different things too, but I like the belt idea :0) She is such a cutie! Hope you guys are doing well!
She looks like she sure keeps you on your toes!! I love the picture of the toilet paper, hilarious!
I like the belt idea. I've been staring at our books wondering what we will do.
Anika sounds like such a spirited little girl. When I was little I would throw everything out of my crib and then jump out onto the pile I had made . . . maybe you should watch out for that :)
Love the belt on the bookshelves! We use hair scrunchies on the knobs of cupboards. Babyproofing creates some of the most unique ideas!
Post a Comment