Just for fun :)
Hardman is an occupational name derived from herdsman.
Hardman is an occupational name derived from herdsman.
Nathaniel is a Hebrew name meaning "Gift of God" or "God has given."
George means "tiller of soil," "farmer," or "earthworker."
Lina had a lot of different meanings including illustrious, compassionate, delicate, pure,
palm tree, tender, and most commonly light. I guess I better work harder at living up to my name :)
Marie is a form of Mary. All I could find was "bitter" and "bitter sea."

Anika's name (a form of Anne) was most frequently connected with "grace" or "gracious."
I found a few other meanings such as "very beautiful" and "favour."
Mae is also a form of Mary. Again, all I could find was "bitter."

What does your name mean?

4 comments:
Melissa (Honeybee) Marie (French Mary - bitter) Cannon (a large gun used in warfare originating from China) Hislop (Scottish variant of Hyslop, an herb)
I knew these meanings already and wrote from memory although I did learn something more about the history of cannons in ancient China from wikipedia. Possibly used as early as the 3rd century BC.
I tried to look up my name but nothing come up, sad. but i bet I could find something.
What a fun post :) I too knew my name means "honeybee" but I learned that Daines is a form of Dain which means "worthy, honorable" or, "haughty, reserved", and that Lewis means "fame and war". That was fun!
That's fun--Nancy is also a derivative of Anne or Ann. And I have a daughter named Anne and grand-daughters named Hannah (also derived from Anne) and one named Grace (which is what Anne means). I also have another grand-daughter whose middle name is Mae.
I used to think it was funny that so many of the Catholic young women I worked with named their babies "Anne Marie." And now I've learned that that's practically my name! (Nancy Mae)
I have to also add that Nathaniel is described in the New Testament as "an Israelite, in whom there is no guile." That may not be what Nathaniel means, but it describes him, don't you think?
Post a Comment