Thursday, March 3, 2011

About 13 3/4 months


I really don't know how I am going to keep up with this girl.
Here is some of what Anika has been doing lately.

She often grabs our hand and leads us to what she wants. It seems like it is almost always to the door,
her shoes or the stroller. The next most common thing is for her to lead us somewhere and
point to some object that is out of her reach... for a reason.

For quite some time now she has figured out to grab our arm in order to pull our hand to a
place where she can reach it. Then she'll take it and lead us somewhere or turn our hand around
so she can put something in it (most often a book).

For awhile she had a MAJOR necklace fetish. If she ever saw one of the necklaces, she immediately
picked it up and put it on. She wore them most of the day. It seems like I had to take them off 5-6 times
when I was going to put her down for a nap or give her a bath. Sometimes they got a bath too.

You may notice she is standing on the air vent. She likes to go over and do a little dance on it.

Here is Anika carrying one of my hand weights. She LOVES to lug them around. I usually exercise
when she is asleep, but if she is awake she tries to take the weight out of my hand.

Occasionally Anika does a little sideways shuffle or backwards walk.

She still likes to put things on her head. Although lately she likes to put things on her head so it covers her eyes and she can't see. Then she starts running and laughing. We've had a few close calls.

Anika's first love note from a boy at church.

Maybe one of the hardest things is that she has started climbing.
She climbed onto a box several times and has climbed onto the open dishwasher door a few times
(she would have done it a lot more if we hadn't stopped her so much).

Oh, and she figured out how to open this gate a few weeks ago.
Thankfully there is a little extra lock that she hasn't figured out yet.

She doesn't say many words. Maybe "dad" and "go." She has been doing a fun little whisper thing lately.

Anika likes to run away when I am about to get her dressed.

I keep finding the stereo on, but I can't hear anything - thanks to Anika turning the volume down.

2 comments:

Diana Smith said...

This seems like a fun age! But you gotta stay on your toes! excited to see what I have coming haha

The Larchars said...

It's fun to read about what she is doing now and getting to know her personality. The necklace thing is cute! Grace communicates with the grabbing and pulling and pointing too... it's so fun to see them starting to become so smart! Hope we can get together soon!

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs