Our adorable kids
Our friends the Bennetts came for a visit during
spring break.
It was so fun to see them and their cute little boy! He and Seth are more than 2 months
but less than 2lbs apart. Their dads have been good friends for a long time now.
As Nathaniel would say, "J-Dawg and Seth. BFF."
We are always telling Seth what a good kid he is, and every single day we give thanks that he
is so much easier than Anika was. Several times a day, we'll be doing something, and we'll hear
Seth cooing, and we'll remember, "Oh yeah, Seth is over there!" and there he is, waving his arms and legs
and just looking around at stuff, content as can be. Seth cries when we put him in his car seat,
but then he calms down once we start driving, and sometimes he even falls asleep!
When he's tired, we can usually swaddle him, give him a binkie, and walk with him for a minute
or just lay him down, and he'll fall asleep. He sleeps for hours at a time, and he isn't woken up
by most movements or noises. And perhaps best of all, if he's crying, it's for a reason that we can figure out! We just go through the little checklist - Is he hungry? Does he need a diaper change?
Is he tired? - and voila! he stops crying. It's absolutely miraculous. And I'm not
exaggerating when I say we give thanks every single day.

6 comments:
He is very cute! I am so glad he is super easy going and sweet. Must be the name... :)
The Bennett's had a baby! Tell them congrats. And your kids are cute too of course.
So cute! He's catching up to Brielle fast! She is only 16lbs at 9 months old! Haha, but I sure have skinny kids! Wish they would chub up a little bit b/c I think it is so cute! Darling little family you guys have!
So cute of your kiddos. I'm glad Seth is such a happy baby!
Howdy! Hey, are the bennets that family we did an fhe once with you? I think you gave me their contact once and I don't know what I did with it, but I would love to try for it again! I feel AWFUL I still have their book!
Seth is adorable, and I"m SOOO glad he is a good baby for you! I know what you mean about giving thanks everyday. I think as hard as our firsts were, it does help me appreciate a good baby even more rather than taking it for granted! I'm glad poor Anika was able to get her cast off too!!!
I'm glad Seth is more mellow - it really is such a blessing. If you're forwarding congrats to the Bennets you can add my name to the list :)
Post a Comment