Sunday, September 9, 2012

Anika's First Day of School!

Anika started preschool!  I know she might be a little young, but we are both ready :)

Finishing her banana.


My camera is still broken so we had a little photo shoot with my sister's much nicer camera
(although I still don't take good pictures).  I didn't really pose her for the pictures.
Most of them are her interpretation of my instructions :)


She goes Tuesday and Thursday for 1 1/2 hours and she LOVES it!


I already forgot the first show-and-tell, but thankfully she had been scrambling around putting
dried leaves and some grass in her bag while I was trying to corral her into the car.  I dropped
her off and the teacher asked me if I had remembered.  First I was bummed, but then I suggested
that maybe she could show her leaves.  When I went to pick her up the teacher told me that
Anika had been very excited to show her leaves and grass.


After we got home we called and talked to Dad/Nathaniel.  She very excitedly and
articulately told him all about it:  ABC's, songs, books, popcorn.


Smile?


She is 5-6 months younger than the other 3 children participating but she fits in well
and will be in the same year of school as them anyway.  It is a neighborhood co-op
so each mom teaches for two weeks at a time, four times.


4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a cute big girl! I love all of her facial expressions. And I'm sure she is ready for pre-school... she's pretty bright. :)

Audrey said...

I'd have to agree with everything Kris said!

ba said...

what a great idea,

Jill said...

She's seriously old enough already? Wow! That flew by. What a sweet and cute little girl!

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs