Savory Zucchini Bread
We sure have had a lot of zucchini lately, and we've been getting increasingly adventurous with ways to use it. Nathaniel wanted to try out a savory zucchini bread. There's probably a recipe out there, but he just made this up, and it was really tasty:
1.5 cups warm water
1 T yeast
2 T sugar
Let sit for a couple of minutes (proof the yeast)
1 T salt
~2 cups grated zucchini
0.5 package of cream cheese
2 T dehydrated onion flakes
0.5 cups shredded carrot
2 t dill seed
1 egg
1 clove minced garlic
~7 cups flour
Mix it all up,
let it rise for 90 minutes,
split into 2 bread pans
let 'em rise another 30 minutes
bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes
It turned out really tasty, but the next time I make this, I'm going to adjust a few things - probably reduce the water to 1 or 1.25 cups, and I think some sun-dried tomatoes would be really good in it.

1 comment:
I'm going to have to try this, but guess what? Our zucchini plant died. I still can't believe it. I mean, who kills zucchini?
Post a Comment