Sorry, please forgive us for never posting! (That is, if you haven' t given up on us and
you still actually read our blog every few months.) When I decide, "Okay, I just
have to post something. It can be quick and simple, but I have to post something"
then I can't ever think of anything. But here are a few random goings-on:
you still actually read our blog every few months.) When I decide, "Okay, I just
have to post something. It can be quick and simple, but I have to post something"
then I can't ever think of anything. But here are a few random goings-on:

Nathaniel and I have been reading the Chronicles of Narnia together out loud. He actually
reads more while I work on things or cut his hair (don't look at it too closely). He also reads
better in the car and doesn't like driving much, so it works out. C. S. Lewis is amazing!
Two summers ago we read the entire Harry Potter series out loud too.

Nathaniel is trying to figure out what to do after he graduates with a degree in statistics
this May. He applied to the US Dept. of Agriculture and marked the "anywhere" box when asked
where he was interested in working. "Anywhere" includes 46 states and Puerto Rico. He is also
studying for the first two actuary exams and that would lead us a completely different direction
as far as what type of job he got, but also likely out of state.
I want to make a t-shirt quilt. I even gathered up my old t-shirts and called a friend to find
out how she made hers. But, Nathaniel still maintains that I won't actually start it for about 5 years.
Don't get me wrong, he is very supportive. He just tries to help me not get my hopes up because I
really don't have time. Plus I barely got around to fixing 2 of about 7 pairs of pants that need mending.
I don't know what he does to his pants, but I can't keep up with it. But I've also decided it just
isn't my time to do most of the things I want to do yet. Don't get me wrong, I try to stay really
organized and set goals, and I go 100mph 7 days a week, but barely have time to sleep. However,
everyone always tells me it just gets worse (worse meaning harder and having less time).
I also want to make curtains, fix my dress, sew a bunch of other things, scrapbook, make more
yummy meals, read any of the 20 books I have collected in order to read, read any of the other 100+
books on my list of books to read, finishing learning how to crochet, actually crochet something,
practice the piano more, practice my flute, practice the bagpipes, learn Spanish, learn to ride a
unicycle, take more classes (especially sewing, gardening, cooking, etc.), blog regularly with
interesting posts, read other people's blogs more (thankfully Megan helped me set up the blog
reader so I'm doing better at that, but I haven't been commenting on your blogs so I'll work on that),
play sports more often, hang out with girls... and the list goes on. Is that too much to ask?
I guess we all feel that way.
Nate has been busy too. He has some pretty tough math/stat classes, lots of study groups,
is an SI leader and Stats tutor, works with our friend named Kevin and helps me out a lot. He is good
to do the dishes often and make dinner quite a bit too - even though I've been doing better.
I spent my Presidents Day (really 7+ hours) taking 2 online courses about emergency management.
I have a training for it all day tomorrow too. My certificates say that I have, "reaffirmed a dedication
to serve in times of crisis..." I am not sure if taking these classes, being on the Emergency Committee
at work, re-certifying for First Aid and CPR, and being present when our ward/stake emergency plans
have been shared for the last few years has made me feel more or less afraid of some sort of disaster/emergency. I supposedly "know" what to do, but I feel pretty anxious about having to do it.

3 comments:
wow, you guys think you are busy now, just wait till you have kids, you will look back at this time and say, wow, what did it do with all of my free time back then???
Lina- You're amazing! Thats all I have to say about that!
Lina, you really amaze me. I didn't know you played the bagpipes! That is simply fantastic. And I really am impressed with all of the stuff you do manage to do. And to see you at enrichment! You are awesome!
Post a Comment