Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Aerobics and Bewitched

Since Jazzercise has ended I've been trying to exercise at home, at least until it warms up some more.
Audrey lent me some sweet 80's aerobics videos and I found a "Hooked on Aerobics" VHS at my
parents' house. The hair, leotards (sometimes matching), headbands, leg warmers and music are
very entertaining. They all make for a pretty good workout, but some are better than others.I've also been watching the first season of the old "Bewitched" series over the past few months.
I have really enjoyed it. Many/most of the episodes have a plot along these lines: something
(a disagreement, another person, too much work, etc.) tries to come between Samantha and Darrin
and their marriage, and then they work it out. It is so good and so clean, I just love it! It is
funny and entertaining. It doesn't have all the crazy camera work and special effects that you
see today, but it is just as entertaining/appreciated knowing the manual labor involved
"behind the scenes" to make her magic. You can laugh at the jokes because they are part
funny-ha ha and part funny-cheesy 60's humor (if not just regularly funny).
Hooray for DVD's that my kids can watch, no questions asked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that makes me want to watch Bewitched again! It's been a long time since I've seen that. Oh, and I'm just curious if you've actually made one of those 80's aerobics outfits? It looks like you have the pattern to :)

Than & Lina said...

I haven't made one. I was hoping to find a picture of one of the ladies in the videos I have, but no such luck. I just got the picture online.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs