Sunday, August 23, 2009

Farewell, Sweet Logan!

We are officially moving to OREM! We are super excited, and our families are thrilled.
We hope to start looking for a place to live in a few days seeing as how we are planning
to move over Labor Day weekend - less than two weeks from now. Do you know of
anyone looking for a place? Thanks again for all your prayers!


I turned in a special letter of resignation a couple weeks ago which allows/requires
me to work until they find a replacement for me or I have to move. Nathaniel's first day is
September 8th. He will be the Senior Accounts Manager for Insurquote.

Last weekend Nathaniel hiked King's Peak with a couple of his brothers
( Nephi and Jared) and a cousin. Despite the rain/hail and the hard ground
(he opted not to take a sleeping pad but has since learned his lesson),
he had a wonderful time. On his way home he met up with me so I could take him
back to the cabin in Star Valley where my family was spending a few days. I LOVE that place!

Three years ago today we were married!!! We have been so blessed and so happy.
Nathaniel is a wonderful and amazingly good and patient husband! He has worked so hard
to help me through this pregnancy too! We get to find out what we are having in one month - maybe.


Six years ago this week I moved to Logan and have been here and loved it ever since.
I experienced and enjoyed 5 different apartments and over 20 roommates! I am sad to
not be a student or even a student spouse anymore, but we have more great adventures ahead.

We had a yard sale yesterday just for kicks. Most of the stuff was from my parents' house.
My brother Josh, and his wife, Emily, came up with their little boy to help us. My friend,
Suzanne, also spent the day with us. My nephew Aiden seems to be taking a liking to Nathaniel,
and I can't get enough of it. One of the first things he said when he got out of the car was,
"Hi, Unko Phan." One of the first things he said after he woke up from his nap was,
"Where's Unko Phan?" And one time Than was going outside and Aiden started to
cry so we all went out together. He is so fun!



9 comments:

Amber said...

Yay! I am so glad everything is working out for you guys, but I'm also sad to get a new VT companion! You are a wonderful person with such a great spirit! Thanks for all you have taught me & for your great example! Let us know what you are having when you find out! I will keep following your blog to be updated on everything! Good luck! Let us know if you need anything before you go.

Shayla and James said...

First off, Congrats with accepting an offer and finding a job. Second, Logan will miss you and Third, I am excited for you and your adventures to come. Also congrats on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you guys but sad for me. I knew it had to happen soon... soo soon.

Kristin said...

And your friends in Sandy couldn't be happier too! :) We are so excited for you guys. Sorry I didn't text you back, I have been sick still (with the flu) and took a long nap this afternoon. We would love to help in any way we can! I'm glad things are working out too. Happy Anniversary!

Sarah said...

Congratulations you two. Seems like you guys have so many important things going on right now. Let James and I know if you need any help with ANYTHING!! We will sure miss you and never forget our game nights at your apartment. You guys sure helped us get comfortable in the ward.

Jessica Madsen said...

holy moly. You continue to be the busiest woman I know! HAppy Anniversary! And happy moving! Congrats to Nathanial on finding such a great job. The two of you will LOVE Orem, and you will fit in fabulously there. Leaving Logan is hard, But I know you will love your new adventure, and how fun to be closer to family!! Perfect! I hope you will continue to feel better through your pregnancy, keep us posted!!

Val said...

Wow that is an impressive job title! Good Luck with everything.

Melissa Hislop said...

Another 61st ward staple leaving. Thank goodness for blogs. Good luck with the move, and congrats on the impressive title.

Woodward Family said...

Congrats on the job Nathaniel! Utah Valley, eh? Keep in mind you can always move back up to Cache Valley one day! It will be nice being closer to family though!

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs