So Nathaniel has been working so hard for several months to get a job. He has spent a lot
of time looking for jobs, learning programs, working here and there and taking such
good care of me, our garden and our apartment. With all that he has basically been
working full-time. Now it all finally pays off!
He had an interview a couple weeks ago down in Orem and was offered that job.
He had a phone interview with a company up in Boise and is actually on his way
there right now. They got him a hotel to stay in for the night and his interview will be all
morning and they'll take him out to lunch. We hope for the best!
It is great to see the fruits of his labors and everyone's prayers in our behalf begin
to create some potential options. For the longest time he would rarely even get an automated
e-mail from a company saying that they even got his application. There was also a recruiter
that kept telling him that companies aren't hiring out of state right now and that Utah
doesn't have any positions.
Hooray!!!
What a great husband he has grown up to be!
Yesterday I was pretty excited to start my second trimester because you're
supposed to feel better, have more energy, etc., and I was pretty proud that I had gone a
week without throwing up. I've been feeling better and I think I have more energy.
Sometimes it is hard to say because I've had work off besides some paper work. So I can sleep
until I wake up and get ready as slow as I want to. I have gone a few days without a
nap lately, but regret not taking one by the time evening rolls around.
Anyway, I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. I didn't feel super great
last night and even woke up still feeling sickly. I made it out of bed, had some breakfast
and felt like I could take a shower. I felt better after that and asked Than if he
wanted to go to the Temple right then. We got into the temple and he discovered
he had forgotten his recommend, even though he had his wallet. We were on our way home
(just a 3-4 minute drive) and I started feeling sick. Then I was passed the point where telling
myself I didn't need to throw up did any good. I told Than to drive faster and tried telling
myself that I could wait until we got home. No such luck - we were about a block away from
our house and I had two nice spews out the car window that decorated the side of the car
and may have provided some entertainment for the vehicle behind us. Than pulled over in
front of some lucky person's house where I finished up. By the time I was almost done
throwing up I couldn't help but laugh. I started laughing pretty hard and took a picture of
the car when we got home, but I'm sure you don't want to see it.
Ha ha...
of time looking for jobs, learning programs, working here and there and taking such
good care of me, our garden and our apartment. With all that he has basically been
working full-time. Now it all finally pays off!
He had an interview a couple weeks ago down in Orem and was offered that job.
He had a phone interview with a company up in Boise and is actually on his way
there right now. They got him a hotel to stay in for the night and his interview will be all
morning and they'll take him out to lunch. We hope for the best!
It is great to see the fruits of his labors and everyone's prayers in our behalf begin
to create some potential options. For the longest time he would rarely even get an automated
e-mail from a company saying that they even got his application. There was also a recruiter
that kept telling him that companies aren't hiring out of state right now and that Utah
doesn't have any positions.
Hooray!!!
What a great husband he has grown up to be!Yesterday I was pretty excited to start my second trimester because you're
supposed to feel better, have more energy, etc., and I was pretty proud that I had gone a
week without throwing up. I've been feeling better and I think I have more energy.
Sometimes it is hard to say because I've had work off besides some paper work. So I can sleep
until I wake up and get ready as slow as I want to. I have gone a few days without a
nap lately, but regret not taking one by the time evening rolls around.
Anyway, I guess I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. I didn't feel super great
last night and even woke up still feeling sickly. I made it out of bed, had some breakfast
and felt like I could take a shower. I felt better after that and asked Than if he
wanted to go to the Temple right then. We got into the temple and he discovered
he had forgotten his recommend, even though he had his wallet. We were on our way home
(just a 3-4 minute drive) and I started feeling sick. Then I was passed the point where telling
myself I didn't need to throw up did any good. I told Than to drive faster and tried telling
myself that I could wait until we got home. No such luck - we were about a block away from
our house and I had two nice spews out the car window that decorated the side of the car
and may have provided some entertainment for the vehicle behind us. Than pulled over in
front of some lucky person's house where I finished up. By the time I was almost done
throwing up I couldn't help but laugh. I started laughing pretty hard and took a picture of
the car when we got home, but I'm sure you don't want to see it.
Ha ha...


8 comments:
we had Nate over here not too long ago to do a "moc-interview" and he did GREAT! Geoff was definitely a weird interviewer making up weird answers to Nathaniel's questions to the company he will be interviewing with. Ha ha. Let us know how it goes. Glad to hear you are (sorta) feeling better!
So is he not taking the job is was offered in Orem?
They haven't determined a salary and a few final details yet. The position was just barely created and approved. There are a lot of things we like about that job, but it is also not specifically actuarial work and they don't offer some of the same benefits to help him take and pass more exams because of that. Nathaniel REALLY wants to be an actuary!
I'm sorry you're feeling so sick! Yay for Nathaniel, that's exciting!
OHhhh Lina... OREM! You'll be RIGHT by us!!!! Please, oh PLEASE take that job!!! We miss you guys sooo much! Good luck with the whole pregnancy thing, I know it's not so fun a lot of the time. Please let me know if you guys end up moving down here, I will just jump all day long for joy!
Oh Lina,
I do hope the morning sickness subsides and that you will continue to feel better. I am sure it is no fun at all being sick but how fortunate you are to be carrying a little one! Congrats with Nate and an offer in Orem and Interview in Oregon. Keep us posted.
Congratulations on the success in the job search. Thanks for being great friends in the ward. We leave tomorrow (17th) for Cedar City. Please stay in touch: http://mammyandsissy.blogspot.com/
Yay! That is way exciting! Sorry about the throwing up out the window... :) I'm glad you were able to laugh about it. And sorry our hanging out was not in person... :(
I'm sure wherever Nathaniel ends up will be great for both of you. WAY to GO!
Post a Comment