Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still no pictures... tidbits

Even though I don't have a job I have been quite busy. Therefore, I haven't gotten
the internet set up for our new place and don't have pictures with me to post...
Plus it keeps me from wasting my life away online.


We love our new place and still have a lot of things to finish. Nathaniel is making a
sort of end table with his dad and maybe some other shelves for our food storage.
I have done some sewing and still want to make curtains for our bedroom, re-cover
our kitchen chairs, etc. Not to mention anything for the baby's room. We need to
re-paint some of our furniture and finish decorating. It has been fun.


I've also been able to help at my parents' house several days. My grandpa just moved
in with them so I painted my old bedroom for him and helped with some other things
before and after he moved in. So I guess I've kind of been working.


Nathaniel rides his bike a lot (everyday to work and then some) and I have a little
here and there. We are quite close to most everything we need. We got Orem Fitness
Center passes and have been using them 3-4x/week. Nathaniel is the new Scout
Committee Chairman and I am the Nursery Music Leader for the 3 classes of nursery
kids. It is possible that I'll have more nursery kids than he does scouts - we'll have to see.


I am 24 weeks, still hardly showing and am measuring two weeks behind. I had my first appointment
since we moved with the group of midwives I am seeing. They aren't (or maybe I should say,
"she isn't," I've just seen one so far) too concerned yet, but I better get growing. I should
probably get Than to take me out for ice cream a few times a week so I can gain some
weight, right?. :) There haven't been any signs of problems and I feel and even see
our baby kick/move regularly, so we hope for the best.


I feel sooo much better than I did the first few months. It is sooo nice! Since I am not
super big yet, I am still enjoying a few perks. I can bend and move easily for the
most part still. I have enough energy to keep pretty busy during the day;
well, except for my nap. I haven't had to buy hardly any new clothes so far. It helps that
I had some clothes that were a little too big that I've been saving. I did get some
cheap maternity jeans because I can't comfortably squeeze into my old ones very well anymore,
but they are still too big and I have to pull them up all the time.

7 comments:

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

Lina, I recommend a belly band. I was able to wear most of my clothes for most of my pregnancy and didn't have to buy much maternity clothes. I got mine at target for like $17. Congrats! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.

Melissa Hislop said...

Yes, get a belly band. I sewed mine onto a skirt but wish I had another to wear every other day. They also sell them at Motherhood Maternity. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you are liking Orem.

Meredith said...

Don't worry about showing yet...I didn't really start showing until around 26-27 weeks. Good luck with everything! Make sure to take it easy and get some rest too.

Chelsea and Dustin Walkenhorst. said...

Hi Lina! It sounds like you guys are getting settled nicely into your new life. I'm so glad that you are feeling better!

Stephanie Wheeler said...

You are so lucky that you haven't had to buy a new wardrobe! (Maternity clothes are not cheap!) I can't wear my old clothes anymore I'm already rocking the maternity line! I'm so glad that you are feeling much better! I can't wait for you to start posting pics :) I think its really neat that you've chosen to work with a midwife, you'll have to tell us all about it! yay for new adventures!

Jen said...

I was small too--they even did a growth ultrasound to make sure the baby was okay. Baby was measuring perfectly I was just small...it's nice but at the same time uncomfortable, I always felt really crowded. Good luck and get growing!

Sarah said...

The ward misses you guys! I'm so excited for your little one and glad that you are feeling better.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs