Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pizza and Midwives

I have dreams ALL the time now. Sometimes I'm sure it must be one after the other all
through the night. My dreams have mostly been random but funny - at least the ones
I remember. Lately, however, they have just been bizzare. A few weeks ago I kept
dreaming about pizza. I want pizza all the time! In one dream I was just about to start
eating my piece when Than woke me up for breakfast. I don't hold it against him though.
In another dream I was at my in-laws and had to leave to go somewhere when my sister-in-law
invited me to stay for lunch. I told her I really needed to get going. She said, "We're just
having Totino's Party Pizzas." As soon as she said that I thought, "Oh, I LOVE Totino's Party Pizzas!"
In my dream, I was really torn. I don't remember what I ended up doing, but I got a kick out of that.



I've been asked some questions about the group of midwives I am seeing, and I thought I
might clarify a little. Their clinic is right next to the hospital and they deliver in the
hospital. They do everything an OB/GYN does at appointments and during delivery (epidural, etc.)
except they actually stay with you during delivery - the whole time. The only thing they don't
do is surgery/c-section or if there is some sort of major problem. If that is the case, the doctor
(an OB/GYN that they work with) will take over. They support whatever way you want to give
birth; but I'm not sure what I want to do yet. They have great bedside manner. I see any one of
the group for my appointments and will hopefully get to know and like all of them because whoever
is on call when I go into labor will deliver. That could be the downside, but I've heard so many
people love midwives. So it isn't what most people think about when you say "midwife." They are
nurses with a masters in midwifery. My sister-in-law said her midwife even gave her a
massage during the labor.

7 comments:

Meredith said...

That is so funny about the pizza, because I had the exact same craving for Totinos Party Pizzas when I was pregnant too!! Crazy.

Stephanie Wheeler said...

Thanks for all the info on midwives and your upcoming experiences with them! I wish I could send you a case of Totinos Pizzas! I have the weirdest dreams too, but I've always had them I just have more now that I'm prego! the crazy things that happens to us when we go through pregnancy! glad to hear things are going well :)

Steph Wheeler

the barrus family said...

Hey your blog is super cute, Congrats on the baby I am so excited for you!! Midwives are super popular here in Washington, with all the good stuff I am hearing about them I am thinking of going that way with the next baby! You will have to let me know how everything goes! Good Luck

Jill said...

My midwife is amazing. Most of the information most people have about midwives is out-of-date, inaccurate and hilarious. I've had an OB and a midwife and my midwife gave superior care and information. I'd take her any day over my OB - though he's a great fellow, and if I were high risk, both my midwife and myself would choose him. I'm glad you love your care provider. It sure makes pregnancy and childbirth less nerve-racking. GOOD LUCK!!

Unknown said...

Last night I dreamed that I went to the grocery store and spent $99 on fruit. When the cashier told me how much it cost I almost died, but handed over my credit card anyway. Then when I went to leave I realized I had forgotten to purchase Chex (I eat a bowl almost every night in real life) and started to cry in the lobby with everyone watching me. Hormones must effect dreams.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of birth... happy birthday :D !!! I wish we could be down there and have a really fun party with you guys!

By the way, Ryan and Brianna gave us the grapes from you guys last night and they're great! We had them with dinner last night and breakfast this morning and for snacks in between :D.

Kati said...

I would love to have a midwife. That just won't happen for me though. I am glad you are doing well.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs