Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Due Dates and Deadlines

Here I am with my dad and big brother, Josh.

So we were happy to hear that Nathaniel's company offers 2 weeks paid paternity leave.
Yes, 2 weeks! However, you have to have worked for the company for at least 6 months.
The baby's due date (or rather, guess date), is exactly 6 months from Nathaniel's first day of work!

They might make some exceptions because we are SO CLOSE, but they just sent the policy description
without a hint of whether or not they would make considerations for our situation.

So we are hoping and praying that she will be late, or at least not early. We wouldn't mind if you
want to do that too. :) Yes, I realize I don't know what I'm asking for by hoping she'll be late,
but I believe it would be worth it. Besides, if I'm already planning on her being late
then I (and my patience) might be able to last a little longer anyway.

We'll keep telling her what she is supposed to do and hope that because I was late,
my brother was late and Nathaniel was late that she might follow suit.
Due dates are usually wrong anyway.

See, won't Nathaniel be such a good dad!?

2 comments:

Jessica Madsen said...

Oh man. it's getting close and so exciting!! In canada mom's get 1 full year of maternity leave, and dad's get 1 full year after that!!! The idea is to not have a child in day care until they are at least 2 years old!! Awesome huh? We see dad's pushing strollers all day long. Maybe you guys could come be our neighbors??!! WE hope it all works out for you guys so you can have nathanial there for extra help. Keep us posted!

Stephanie Wheeler said...

Wow you are getting close! I'm crossing my fingers that the paternity leave works out!!! How is your third trimester going? I hope that you are feeling well :)

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs