Tuesday, January 26, 2010

"It's Getting Better All the Time"


Yesterday we were surprised but pleased when Anika's pediatrician changed her
feeding schedule. Instead of us being able to feed her 1 in 3, it is now 1 in 2 feedings.
She is awake more often and is more ready to eat. Yesterday morning we had a
breakthrough when Than went to give her a bottle in the morning. She took 37 ml!
It isn't a ton, but great for her. She has continued to do well overall. We still don't
know when she can come home. It may be sudden in the next few days, or it may be awhile.
She has to take at least 70% of all her feedings by mouth before she can come home.

Nathaniel was able to get paternity leave after all. His local supervisors worked out a
few things for us and we sure do appreciate it! I'm amazed at how much I
can't do.
I am so grateful that he has been able to be with me, take care of me, and spend time
with Anika. We go to the hospital several times a day/night. It is kind of crazy that
we are both just home (except that we're not), and can't even keep up with things here.

Thank you for all the prayers!


8 comments:

The Larchars said...

I'm so glad you posted again! I love to keep up on what is happening. I still wish I knew more details, but I will ask when I see you!
She really is such a beautiful baby!!

Homeschool Mamma said...

I am so glad that she's able to eat more. So glad that things are getting better. I hope it's not too long before you can all be at home together. Aren't babies miraculous? It's such a privilege to have them in our families. I was always amazed by their mini-hands and feet. So precious! We'll keep praying for all of you. We're happy for you to be doing better though... hope your C-section heals up well and fast.

Sarah said...

Oh she is a cutie. I'm so glad that she is progressing. She couldn't have come to better parents!

Dave and Sharon Barrus said...

Oh! She is SO beautiful! Glad to hear she's progressing so well. Hope she gets to come home soon.

Shayla and James said...

I love the picture of you holding Anika-simply adorable. I am happy to hear that she is making progress and that your sweet husband got paternal leave from work. Know that your cute little family are in our prayers and hope you have a great day today.

Amber said...

Anika is looking a lot better already! Thanks for the update!

Jessica Madsen said...

Lina, She is beautiful. I have thought of you everyday since her arrival. Wondering about how she is doing. Wondering how you are doing physically and emotionally. I have been thinking about all that you have had to deal with, and knowing it must be so difficult. I can only imagine the stress and exhaustion you feel. My prayers ARE with you. And, I can only testify to you what I am sure you already know... that these experiences will make you a stronger, better, more patient, loving parent spouse friend and latter day saint. I sure hope you can bring your little bundle home soon, and that all of you will be able to rest and recover. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Cute. I hope things continue to get better all the time :)

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs