I was happy to hear birds chirping and see summer clothes on sale!
Hooray for warmer days and more sunshine!
Anika has a mild case of acid reflux. We've been diligently keeping her
upright more the past day or so, and that has seemed to help a lot.
She also does any or a combination of the following before she has a
bowel movement: grunt, strain, turn red, cry out, cry, and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle.
I am trying to figure out what is normal and what is going on... She doesn't
seem to be constipated and her stools are not hard at all, but they
generally always make noise. Any ideas???
Nathaniel LOVES his job.
Today is our 3 1/2 year anniversary.
Things have been kinda crazy but generally good. Anika is a good
baby besides her issues above; poor thing. She is a typical newborn:
sleep, eat and poop. I am a typical mother of a newborn: trying to find
time to do the same (much less shower or get anything else done, but I try
not to expect much). Oh, and don't forget pumping. I still have to do that
8-10 times a day, and I hate it. Nathaniel is the perfect and most
amazing husband. I don't know what I would do without him!
I accidentally referred to our Ensign subscription as a prescription.
After thinking more about it, I realized it is too true!
It is a prescription for just about anything!
"You can know the things you need to know." -President Packer
"If you do your best it will all work out." - President Hinckley
"Create." - President Uchtodorf
Check out my last post for cool, cute stuff!
Anika with Grandpa Aune.
He did a great job putting her to sleep.
Making funny faces at daddy while in the carrier.
A visit from Great Grandma Hyatt.
Hooray for warmer days and more sunshine!
Anika has a mild case of acid reflux. We've been diligently keeping her
upright more the past day or so, and that has seemed to help a lot.
She also does any or a combination of the following before she has a
bowel movement: grunt, strain, turn red, cry out, cry, and wiggle-wiggle-wiggle.
I am trying to figure out what is normal and what is going on... She doesn't
seem to be constipated and her stools are not hard at all, but they
generally always make noise. Any ideas???
Nathaniel LOVES his job.
Today is our 3 1/2 year anniversary.
Things have been kinda crazy but generally good. Anika is a good
baby besides her issues above; poor thing. She is a typical newborn:
sleep, eat and poop. I am a typical mother of a newborn: trying to find
time to do the same (much less shower or get anything else done, but I try
not to expect much). Oh, and don't forget pumping. I still have to do that
8-10 times a day, and I hate it. Nathaniel is the perfect and most
amazing husband. I don't know what I would do without him!
I accidentally referred to our Ensign subscription as a prescription.
After thinking more about it, I realized it is too true!
It is a prescription for just about anything!
"You can know the things you need to know." -President Packer
"If you do your best it will all work out." - President Hinckley
"Create." - President Uchtodorf
Check out my last post for cool, cute stuff!
Anika with Grandpa Aune.He did a great job putting her to sleep.
Making funny faces at daddy while in the carrier.
A visit from Great Grandma Hyatt.
6 comments:
Oh how cute Lina!! As for the suggestions on Anika's bowel patterns...Hadlee is just as noisy! She doesn't squirm or turn red, she just spaces off and concentrates then you hear it throughout the house! So if you find anything out...share the wealth! She is so adorable though. How much does she weigh now? Does Nathaniel love his job of changing diapers or his real job??
Wow, you have had some really fun visitors. I am so happy to hear Nathanial loves his job. There is nothing better than loving what you are doing. The way you described Anika with the acid reflux, and the poop situation sounds alot like Scotlin the first couple months. But, he was probably times 10 of what you described. I have some tips. I'll e-mail you. Another NOVEL. I bet your excited. AND, good job for not expecting too much, you job is to take care of her right now. The other things can wait.
I agree with Jessica on this precious time with Anika (I wish I had great advice like she does). You guys are such a sweet little family. I am also SO happy she is home with you.
I would say Anika's bowel patterns are normal. Lyric has always grunted and turns red and she is 8 months old. It's sad watching their face though...
I liked this post. I am glad you get that special time with Anika. She really is a doll. I wish like Kristen I had great advice to give you except to say prayer works.
It really impressed me with how you refered to the ensign as a perscription-I think you are inspired! :) Plus the pictures you put on this post are priceless.
Good times:)
I do hope things get better for Miss Anika and keeping things down. Thinking of you.
About the BMs... our pediatrician said it's totally normal for them to do that because they are learning that they can hold things in their body (like poop), so they try to push it out while at the same time try to hold it in. Sophia used to do that all the time. Now she just gets REALLY quite and you can see her little face concentrating very hard. It's pretty funny.
Post a Comment