Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Adventures

Anika is growing so big! I remember a month or so ago when I was on a walk with her and
my sister, and a lady passed by and asked, "Is that a real baby?!" in a very surprised tone.

I have finally admitted that Anika is colicky. I had refrained from calling her colicky for
a time because it would mean that it would be a long short-term experience. But week
after week she continued to fuss and I realized it had been well over a month and maybe
even two that she had been particularly fussy. Thankfully it hasn't really bothered
me, but it has kept me from doing a lot of things. We just hang out
together all day and
I try to keep her from crying (at least she is one that can be consoled).
We spend
much of our time bouncing on our exercise ball or standing and bouncing/rocking
her in the bathroom with the lights on and the fan running. She does seem to be getting
better though. I have gotten pretty good at doing things with one hand. She still
smiles quite a bit, and we can't get enough of her!

She is babbling more and swatting at things with her hands. Often she will grab
something just by chance. She also has a trick whereupon losing her Binky, she will
roll/dive/move toward it with open mouth in an attempt to get it back in.
Anika going after her binky.

On Sunday she woke up with a little leak from a wet diaper. I got her new diaper
and new clothes. I changed her again just before going to church, and then she
had an explosion. I don't think it has ever been that bad. It was seeping out the front
top of her onesie so fast, it was crazy. I debated whether to put her in the bath and
wash her off, but was in a hurry and figured wipes would be faster. I used wipe after wipe.
She even had poop in her belly button! After I was pretty sure I had gotten it all, I got one
more wipe to make sure she was clean, and just then she started to pee. There was a
huge puddle on our changing table. She hasn't done that for a long time.
To top things off, she had another leak from a wet diaper after her nap.
We're just glad that we were laughing about it.

8 comments:

Melissa Hislop said...

Welcome to motherhood. At least her didn't blow-out at church. Those are the worst. Never wear a white shirt to church, always keep extra clothes in the diaper bag, and keep a supply of stain remover.

Kristin said...

She is so daring! I'm glad you are enjoying it- although the colicky part is not fun I'm sure. We need to have another get together soon! :)

Woodward Family said...

How funny! Only a mom can talk about that so casually and laugh! Anyone else would be grossed out! She's so cute! It was fun seeing you over conference!

Shayla and James said...

Oh Lina,
So fun! Anika is adorable. I am glad it is going good for you, and I would think colicky would not be fun, but at least she doesn't have major diaper things like the one on Sunday every day-that would be terrible!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is so classic :) She really is adorable! I'm sorry to hear about her being colicky, but I'm glad she's starting to do better. And, believe it or not, time will pass by so quickly and soon enough it will be just a memory. I just love the story about the blow out though haha, it just gets worse I'm afraid :)

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun :) I'm sure I'll have stories to tell in a little while too . . .

em said...

I think it may be time to go up to a bigger size in diapers. Even if the weight says she's fine. Every time it's time to change a size, still, I start by saying boy we sure have had a lot of leaky diapers lately, then wa la, I realize maybe I should buy the bigger diapers. The current size still fit him fine but magically we have less leaks.

em said...

Oh and I'm sure Colic is what both my boys have, but I just can't call it colic, because that sounds like stomach problems to me, even though I read that Colic is just fussiness that has no apparent reason.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs