Last week was Anika's 4-month appointment.
She weighs 13lbs 4 oz and is 23 1/2 inches long.

The doctor thinks that maybe she isn't colicky, but that the reason for her
fussiness is her temperament, and that it should get better around 6 months.

Soon after I got home, I picked up the book I've been reading
(Happiest Baby on the Block) and the very next thing I read was about
temperament. I think she is some combination of sensitive and intense.
Dr. Karp says babies don't necessarily outgrow their temperament,
but that they develop other skills to even things out.

He says that passionate infants become big laughers and very talkative.
Sensitive infants often become compassionate and perceptive children.
"So if you have a challenging baby, don't lose heart. These kids often
become the sweetest and most enthusiastic children on the block!"
I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

She loves her bath.
She has rolled over several times.
She tries to put everything in her mouth.
She loves to face outward and see everything.
She is smiling even more and has a sort of almost laugh.
She grabs at lots of things and brings her hands to midline.
She makes really funny faces when I burp her on my shoulder (see below).
When I lay her down she often tries to lift her head up so she can see better.
She gets upset sometimes because she wants to be sitting, so we prop her up a lot.

We are having so much fun with our little stinker!
She weighs 13lbs 4 oz and is 23 1/2 inches long.

The doctor thinks that maybe she isn't colicky, but that the reason for her
fussiness is her temperament, and that it should get better around 6 months.

Soon after I got home, I picked up the book I've been reading
(Happiest Baby on the Block) and the very next thing I read was about
temperament. I think she is some combination of sensitive and intense.
Dr. Karp says babies don't necessarily outgrow their temperament,
but that they develop other skills to even things out.

He says that passionate infants become big laughers and very talkative.
Sensitive infants often become compassionate and perceptive children.
"So if you have a challenging baby, don't lose heart. These kids often
become the sweetest and most enthusiastic children on the block!"
I wouldn't have a problem with that :)

She loves her bath.
She has rolled over several times.
She tries to put everything in her mouth.
She loves to face outward and see everything.
She is smiling even more and has a sort of almost laugh.
She grabs at lots of things and brings her hands to midline.
She makes really funny faces when I burp her on my shoulder (see below).
When I lay her down she often tries to lift her head up so she can see better.
She gets upset sometimes because she wants to be sitting, so we prop her up a lot.

We are having so much fun with our little stinker!

6 comments:
Love the new pics! We love our little stinker too. Aren't they fun even though they are challenging sometimes? Hope all is well.
Aiden must have been a "passionate infant." Cuz that boy is always laughing and he never shuts up. He was a rough baby, so I feel for you.
She looks like a lot of fun. I was an AWFUL baby and turned out to be a decently adjusted human being. I'm sure Anika is and will continue to be a wonderful person.
She is so precious! :)
Ok, that is seriously THE cutest baby bath photo I have EVER seen. Sooo adorable! She is growing up so fast!
At LE's two month appointment she was pretty big, and really long. I guess that is what she gets from our gene pool. We just can't wait for her to start laughing.
Post a Comment