Friday, March 25, 2011

Orem


We are just so happy and lucky to live such a short walk away from the library.
I have never a loved a library so much. Aside from books, movies, audiobooks, and CD's,
we can even check out games and toys from the PERC located in the library.
The library even bought a book for me.

We walk there a lot to return or pick up items on hold. I take Anika to laptime when we can,
but she is usually napping at that time. We go there a lot (especially when it is cold) to let her
run around and explore. They have fun displays and areas for kids, and there are a lot of books for Anika to pull off the shelves as quickly as she can (that usually means it is time to go home). There are some AMAZING stained-glass windows that depict well-known stories.




We have been to dozens of free concerts, several free classes (gardening, organizing,
parenting, marriage, more, and lots of others we have missed), and a series of visiting authors.
Our favorite presentation was from Brandon Mull.

On St. Patrick's Day we went to the library to see a Celtic band. We also went to their
Christmas concert. I love bagpipes! What a treat; and so close by!


This was Anika's reaction each time they started playing the bagpipes.

The Irish Dancers

Here is Hogwarts

The Utah Children's Choir

Anika enjoying books during a concert

The Orem Lights Ceremony

We live right by the city center so we can easily attend the events there at the park.
Last summer we went to a Bike-to-Work Day breakfast and got some free stuff. We also live near
dozens of stores so Anika and I can walk to a lot of places, and I love it.

1 comment:

Homeschool Mamma said...

I agree... the Orem library is amazing!! I used to live with a widow in Orem so had a card. I love the stained glass window too... very very cool! Anika is really growing up. I loved the photo of her holding the golf balls up by her face. :)

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs