Friday, January 13, 2012

Getting Better

Sorry for the delay in updates.

Seth and I are doing well.

He was able to start eating again and did well so he got the IV out.

He wasn't going to be able to come home at least until Tuesday the 12th but after discussing things with the pediatrician we were able to take him home late Monday a few hours after I was discharged.

His cute hat seems to already be too small :(

His bilirubin count was high enough that Tuesday night he had to start the bili bed.
Thankfully we had him home but it was still a bit rough.

Anika says, "He doesn't like the lights." By Friday he got off the bili bed but Anika still tells us that.

We had a few more bumps along the way, but things are going well considering.
I am starting to feel better. My hematocrit was 40 before Seth was born, went down
to 22 and is now on it's way back up. Yesterday I was up to 26.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I'm so glad you guys are doing better. He's a cutie by the way.

Jill said...

He is so darling, Lina! I'm happy you're all together and improving. Still prayers headed upwards for all of you.

Homeschool Mamma said...

So glad things are going a little better. He's an adorable little boy! It's not too surprising that he has blonde hair with you as his Mom -- we still don't know where Esther got hers, but she looks so much like Ryan we know she's ours. :) Hope you steadily improve and feel better and better.

Dave and Sharon Barrus said...

Glad to hear Seth is doing so much better. He is very cute! Love the name! Hope your hematocrit comes up soon. The only thing that helped mine was Chromagen. Don't know if you can still get it, but it's liquid iron in capsule form, along with some other stuff.

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs