New Year's Eve (my guess date) came and went.
We don't have a plan other than that I have an appointment tomorrow if I don't have a baby first.
We are hoping to avoid a scheduled induction though because I am attempting to have a VBAC.
I didn't get much of this late-pregnancy experience with Anika. I have definitely slept less well, been more achy, been wondering day after day when Baby Brother will be here, and have a little pregnancy-induced carpal tunnel. My hips often hurt when I sleep so I roll over a lot. One of the weirdest things is that
when I am on my left side my right hand falls asleep. When I lay on my right side, my left had falls asleep. During the day some of my fingertips are often numb or asleep too.
I am seeing a group of midwives, but I am more involved with their supporting doctors than others because I am trying to VBAC. I had an appointment with one about 3 weeks ago now and he guessed 1) I would go past my due date, and 2) that baby was already 7-7 1/2 lbs! He got the first one right, but if he was right about the second, I hope baby hasn't gained too much weight since then! But we'll keep you posted :)

10 comments:
Good luck, Lina! Are you seeing the midwives with the 2 Claudias? And how about Dr. Parker? LOVE that group! Hope it all happens soon...
Looking good! Whenever I get freaked out about having a big baby I just listen to that hypnobirthing brain washing CD (Cue:"My baby is perfectly sized for my body. My baby and my body are working together for a smooth, easy birth . . . ":) Best of luck with everything!
PS I unintentionally tried about 3 of the natural birth induction methods the day before Cooper was born, so those might be worth looking at :)
Apparently I am behind on your posts. Anika is so cute & that is funny she takes her jammies off! Good luck with your baby boy! I totally forgot you were close/now past your due date! I hope you get your VBAC! Hope to see some baby pics soon!
Hang in there Gorgeous!
Yay for going past your due date!!! I'm hoping I get to know what that is like this time around too.
@Sharon, if you get this - yes it sounds like the group you are referring to. Dr. Parker was the one who guessed I would go over and have a big baby. There is only one Claudia now, although there are 3 Jen/Jennifer's!
Remember-average unhindered first baby is 41w1d. :-). It may be uncomfy, but you still have plenty'o'time. Audrey is right...your body will make the perfect sized baby for you to birth. The doctor guesstimates can Bo off by at least a pound in either direction.
Good Luck Lina! I admire you for trying a VBAC! I was too impatient to try with my 2nd. But then again I delivered a 10 pounder at 39 weeks so I was too afraid to see how big he would get if I went any longer haha. I hope it all goes well! You do look awesome.
There is nothing like an overdue baby to put the passion behind the pushing during the birth. ;) I think that's intentional. Good luck!!
I can't wait to hear how things are going!! I agree with Audrey, "My baby is the perfect size for my body.." :)
Post a Comment