Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Airplane and Hotel

The kids did well on the plane.  I was sitting in between them and was very busy trying to keep them quiet and happy and entertained.  Nathaniel was across the isle and up one row.  Seth cried some, but hopefully it wasn't too
bothersome to others on the plane.  I was really worried, though,
when had gone through 4 "presents" per kid before we had
even taken off!  We had to wait quite a long time while the
windows were defrosted or something.  At least our flight wasn't cancelled!

Seth watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates while squeezing a new snack I got just for the airplane.

Anika had some fun games and fun movies on this old iPhone.
My brother, Josh, and his wife, Emily, were kind enough to give it to
her/us just before the trip.  They fly a lot with kids :)

Just so we can increase everyone's chance of getting sleep, Anika is in with me and Seth is in a pack-n-play in the room with Nathaniel.  Although I wonder how well I am sleeping with a squirmy girl who makes noises, puts her feet in my back, and needs to be re-positioned so she won't fall off the bed :)  I guess Seth has been waking up during the night lately again too.

Anika always gets to cut so I finally gave in and let Seth have a supervised go of it.
He was so entertained!

For comfort and packing and flying purposes, I made a fleece blanket for Anika and Seth (if I can claim such a thing as making fleece blankets).  For Seth's blanket I cut a slit near the top of the fringe and looped it through.

I did a sort of braid for Anika's.  I gave the kids the plain fleece for Christmas,
and then I had to finish the blankets because I didn't have time before
for some reason.  My kids really enjoy blankets, and I hoped it would be
easier to take on the airplane too.

I made them capes for Christmas too.  Nathaniel made these eye masks.

Seth is wearing the "Thunder Flash" cape, and Anika is "Princess Superhero Anika" or something.  I actually ended up making 5 capes.  I got the fleece for a cheaper price by buying remnants, and I had extra fleece and felt.


3 comments:

ba said...

Loven the supper hero. Looks like you guys are making do with what you have. Hope thing work out soon

AmbertheGreat said...

YEA!!!! I am so glad you are putting pictures on your blog. We miss you and hope you are doing well and enjoying your new experiences.

Audrey said...

Kids are the WORST bed buddies! I hope things have improved. Glad the flight wasn't too traumatic :)

Blog Archive

Leelou Blogs