I'm not the best blogger in so many ways, but that's okay. We'll see if I can get this blog up and going again so I can document our adventures in Georgia and keep in touch with people. If nothing else, grandparents can enjoy some email updates :)
While Nathaniel was in Georgia without us, he asked if I could send him a
picture of the kids. Seth is saying "cheese" through his binky and Anika is
trying to show in her face how much she misses Dad. Oh, they make me laugh.
Here are pictures of our house after the Monday of packing.
Nathaniel's company paid for our stuff to be packed and shipped. It was super nice but definitely had it's own difficulties. I don't think we would have taken the job without the moving benefit.
The movers packed some things they shouldn't have,
but hopefully it isn't anything too serious.
Then these pictures were taken Thursday after closing on the house,
cleaning and crying. I cried a lot that day :(
Every time Seth came into the house starting Tuesday night after it was all packed into the moving truck, he would say, "All gone."
Anika is taking pictures with my phone. She figured it out all by herself. Honestly I had had the phone for 6 months and had still not figured it out.
Kamee Zachreson and Emily Beck came to help me clean on Wednesday. I was seriously amazed and surprised when they said they could stay longer than a couple hours. And they did! It was like a burden was lifted and I had hope that we could get it done in time. We worked from morning until around 4:00, and they were absolutely AMAZING! So good and fast and AMAZING!
My brother and sister-in-law were out of town all month so they sent their cleaner to help me finish a few things on Thursday afternoon. It was perfect. She did the fridge and the oven and a few other hard spots. I was happy many times when I remembered that I didn't have to clean the oven :)
This was seriously one of the hardest weeks of my life! It was right up there with the first week or so after having a Anika and Seth (and I have not done well with that!) It was busy, sad, stressful, and sleepless. We were packed and moved, shipped the van, closed on the house, and did a million other things while Nathaniel was in Georgia. I had so much to do and think about that my head was seriously swirling. I had to coordinate with tons of people to figure out moving our stuff (plus all the pre-moving prep), and arrange babysitting for my kids a million times. My kids were having a hard time with it all too... regular potty accidents, poor sleep, hard behavior.
Thankfully I had a lot of help. My home teacher, Jared Hansen, shoveled my backyard (yes the grass) and the back alley twice because it had to be all clear for the movers. He and Bishop Belnap came to help do some other random pre-moving prep.
My family came to help with more pre-moving prep. I had at least a dozen people help with my kids at one point or another. I was so relieved to know that
they were in good hands and could have fun and happy places to go. There is
NO WAY I could have done it without all that help and blessings from Heavenly Father (even with all that help I had to stay up until 5am Sunday night to get
everything ready before the movers came).

2 comments:
OH Lina, I hope life is better for you know, and that you guys figuring out house stuff
Moving is hard. I'm glad you had so many supportive/helpful people. I hope things are going well in GA!
Post a Comment