Bittersweet last day of Taekwondo. I really enjoyed watching the kids and I think the program is pretty stellar. I'm glad we had the chance to do it for a bit. But I honestly don't know how people pay for it (we got some free classes mixed with a super summer deal, but to continue would be like buying a house... JK). Plus it's too hard for me to get 3 kids out the door for classes 2-3x/week. Especially when they are generally uncooperative and have to wear a special outfit that they need help getting on. Then I get there and wrestle Kari for 30min 🤗

They're professional now!
"Victory!" They yell after earning their white belt.
Compare this picture to the one above and notice how loud and strong Seth yelled "Victory!"
Last day of class. They just earned some black stripes on the back of their belts (not to be confused with black belts) for good behavior.
Anika receiving her last "High 5" for good class participation. This teacher is Mr. Bell, and he's my favorite. It might be fun to be like him when I teach preschool. My favorite thing is when he yells, "Everybody staaand uuuuuuuuuuuup!" In a nice happy firm way.
At the beginning of each class the kids put their shoes away in the shelf behind, grab their name card and sit quietly "criss-cross karate sauce" on the edge of the mat until they are called up.
What good listeners!
Here is Than holding the "thunder paper" for Seth to kick. He got to join them in class the day before Father's Day.
"Hi-yah!"
Practicing for testing... Which we didn't do... $60/kid...
Punch!
Kick!
Along with physical skills, they learned about stranger danger. Strangers are anyone you don't know, and most of them are nice. But they practiced responding to all kinds of tricky questions by yelling, "I'm not allowed to talk to strangers!" And running to mom (or a teacher or adult). They also learned how to grab their hand away and kick a stranger that grabs them.



















No comments:
Post a Comment