The John Denver song came to mind today, "Hey it's good to be back home again."
Not that any of you would know that song. Don't get me wrong, the trip was
spectacular, but it was time to be done.
Our plane landed just before midnight last night. It was a looong day of travel -
about 29 hours with little sleep on a bus and plane. Unfortunately the last leg of
the trip home was by far the most miserable because I was sooo tired but couldn't
sleep, and I threw up 3x. The last time was just as we were landing in SLC when you
aren't supposed to take your seat belt off or get out of your seat, but I made a mad
dash to the toilet.
We'll be blogging about the trip sometime, but...
It was nice to come back to our little apartment that is MUCH bigger than the room we
shared with my dad & sister, 4 huge suitcases and 4 beds.
It is much easier to do laundry in a washing machine instead of a sink.
It was fun to see our garden growing - thanks to the Bakers, Merkets and the rain.
Our apartment and house plants were well taken care of by the Bennetts.
We get to sleep in our own bed tonight, and on Sunday we get to go to our own ward!
Not that any of you would know that song. Don't get me wrong, the trip was
spectacular, but it was time to be done.
Our plane landed just before midnight last night. It was a looong day of travel -
about 29 hours with little sleep on a bus and plane. Unfortunately the last leg of
the trip home was by far the most miserable because I was sooo tired but couldn't
sleep, and I threw up 3x. The last time was just as we were landing in SLC when you
aren't supposed to take your seat belt off or get out of your seat, but I made a mad
dash to the toilet.
We'll be blogging about the trip sometime, but...
It was nice to come back to our little apartment that is MUCH bigger than the room we
shared with my dad & sister, 4 huge suitcases and 4 beds.
It is much easier to do laundry in a washing machine instead of a sink.
It was fun to see our garden growing - thanks to the Bakers, Merkets and the rain.
Our apartment and house plants were well taken care of by the Bennetts.
We get to sleep in our own bed tonight, and on Sunday we get to go to our own ward!

9 comments:
YAY! I can't wait to hear all about the trip, but I'm so sorry that you were sick! That's the worst! I hope you feel better soon!
Noel and I can't take any credit for the plants. The rain did our job. Glad to have you back.
I'm so glad you guys are back!
I want to hear about your trip... you'll have to let me know.
Tell Nathaniel that he can't make fun of me in EQ Sunday because I'm conducting.
Talk to ya later!
I can't wait to hear more about all of your adventures! Glad to see you made it home safe!
I hope we'll see you Saturday! I for one can't wait to see your pictures. Maybe you can hook them up to Anne and Denny's projector.
Love, Mom
I am glad that you and your family were able to make it home safe and sound. I hope your trip was amazing and that you are feeling better. Being sick is the pits. I am excited for the details to come about your trip!
I'm glad to hear you guys are back! And I totally agree, it's so nice to get back home from a LONG time away. I can't wait to hear about your trip though! I'm sorry you were so sick :(
Glad you're back safe and had a great time. We'll have a party when James & I get back from California!
welcome home!
Post a Comment