We were so lucky to be able to stay with parents of a friend from Logan.
They were so wonderful, sweet and hospitable! There is a park right out their
backdoor. We went for a nice Sunday walk through it and the neighborhood.
Anika was fussy but fell asleep. The gray thing is called a "Bundle Me"
and it was soooo useful while we were in Portland (Thanks Melissa!)
A place called Papa Hyden's had been recommended to us by a couple
people for their desserts. We shared the St Mortiz German Chocolate Cake.
It is chocolate butterm ilk cake layered with coconut pecan praline,
and finished with milk chocolate ganache. It cost $8 + $2 tip = $10!
(We don't usually do things like that.)
The roses were mostly not in bloom, but it was still pretty.


A Baobab tree in the zoo (from the "Little Prince")
An otter just taking it easy.
Portland and the Willamette River






2 comments:
I love Oregon. I hope you guys enjoyed your time there!
Oregon is so beautiful! It looks like a fun trip, and I'm glad the plane experience turned out good. I would worry about that too! The pic of the three of you in the garden is really nice! Hope to see you soon. We're doing better contagious- health-wise :-).
Post a Comment